Author Topic: Parrotbooks arrived today! Yippie!  (Read 3168 times)

Offline trollskogen

• Egg
  • Elliota and Valle
    • Elliota (Li8)and Valle
Parrotbooks arrived today! Yippie!
« on: March 27, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »
 :icon_mrgreen:
The second hand parrot
Well behaved parrot
The complete guide to successful sprouting for parrots
The pionus parrots

Im free from work tomorrow..hmm ..what shall I do then...
 :biglaughing:  :biglaughing:
Have a nice weekend everyone !
ElliValle

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Parrotbooks arrived today! Yippie!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 03:06:49 PM »
Perfect timing, have fun!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 05:48:00 PM »
Happy Reading!  Let us know any good tidbits you find in your reading.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline trollskogen

• Egg
  • Elliota and Valle
    • Elliota (Li8)and Valle
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 01:57:43 AM »
Hello  maxmom and momaazon and the rest ! I started reading last evening and couldnt stop ..:)Yes ,,there IS many goodies in the books and lots of advice.What I didnt know was "Bottle are for bathing"..I Use it when Valle is screaming loud,and once in a while it stoped ..but he is a lttle afraid of  shower ,and me my stupid, have used a bottle. I write what is says in  the book( Pionus Parrots  by Tammy Gagne): "Some parrot owners use spray bottles as a detterent for screaming or other misbehavior.I dont recommend this avenue.First,I find it harsh.Second,its often ineffective.If your birds enjoys being misted,he will continue screaming as a result of this clearly misguided punishment.Perhaps worse though,if your pi has a fear of water ,you will only worse his distaste for water...."end.

When Vally makes his scream,(screaming once,in his repertoar while whistling)I say NO and go out from the room he, sitting in..like a protest.Will practice this for a while and see.Rather this then bottle again..Well,Im pretty sure our birds in here, have the most loving caring owners in the world,ehh? ;) Back to books ...and training...
 :icon_mrgreen:
ElliValle

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 11:31:32 AM »
When Lurch starts his really obnoxiuos honking we tend to say fine, noisy birds don't get any company and walk out, mnay times it stops his screaming fit as he likes the flock time and it makes him stop and think about something else, like why did they leave!?
Village Idiot