Author Topic: Penny and I are ready to learn!  (Read 3276 times)

Offline PennyPionus

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
  • Penny and Meee!
Penny and I are ready to learn!
« on: March 27, 2013, 12:43:53 PM »
Hi there fellow parrot peoples  :shades:

Umm, geee- where do I start?? Well, Penny says hello! I should at least get that done so she doesn't feel left out, LOL. She is my most favorite blue-headed pionus in the world (don't tell her she's the only one I know!). We are relatively new friends I'm sure compared to those of you who have been together for eons. And that is why we are here, to learn from each of you who are much wiser than I!  :wink1:

I'm more of a learner than a talker, so I'll be browsing around and will chime in when I think I should. Anyone have a really good post or two that I you think I shouldn't miss?

See you around lovies! -Mary
-Mary

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: Penny and I are ready to learn!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 02:05:01 PM »
Howdy and welcome, I have a Maxi called Lurch and had my first Maxi Nerd for 31 years. You might want to hit the Blue Head section for specifics about that offshoot and just poke around the general section.
There are quite a few Blue head owners here and I'm sure some of them will jump in to say hi and give you pointers. we love pics by the way :shades: :hello1:
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 03:05:32 PM »
Welcome!  The behavioral and health related threads are the most helpful to me, and the pics are the most entertaining.  It's a little slow right now with posting down, but it picks back up.
What do you feed, and what kind of toys does your BH like?

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:35:52 AM »
Welcome and Happy easter!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 04:45:19 PM »
Welcome! I have 2 pi....love them. It has been about 8 months with baby and 4 months with my rescue. Look forward to hearing more about Penny
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline PennyPionus

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
  • Penny and Meee!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 09:01:57 PM »
Howdy and welcome, I have a Maxi called Lurch and had my first Maxi Nerd for 31 years. You might want to hit the Blue Head section for specifics about that offshoot and just poke around the general section.
There are quite a few Blue head owners here and I'm sure some of them will jump in to say hi and give you pointers. we love pics by the way :shades: :hello1:

Thank you for the welcome! "Nerd" is such a cute name ;)

Thanks for the welcome momazon- It's good to know it's slow just right now. I'm not worried because I have plenty to read and catch up on! :D

Happy Easter back to you Eloy!

Maxsmom: I bet they are adorable!!
-Mary

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »
Welcome Mary and Penny, nice that you have joined us here on the site!  I have a BH named Blu, she is almost 4 years old come this summer. Hope to see ya posting away with pics!
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline Al_96789

• Egg
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 04:17:23 PM »
Aloha Mary and Penny,

Welcome to the site.

You are not "friends", you have joined her flock. I agree with Momazon, the behavioral and health related threads are the most informative, but they are all fun and interesting. Carla was 15 when we rescued her and was in really bad shape. She probably would have died if she had not found us. Diet and health are the keys to longevity.

Al
Carla - BW

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 07:14:57 PM »
Welcome. I live with an older blue head named Adam, he has been with me for almost 3 years and came as a rescue bird with no known history except he was supposed to be very aggressive. he has turned out to be a real sweetie but not a 'lap bird'. I have been so taken with him that last Nov I got a younger bronze wing boy named Chante who is quite a character. He is my wild boy and I still cannot really handle him unless he tries to fly across the room, since he is clipped he glides to the floor then is only too happy to step up onto mom's hand to get a boost back up to his cage.  Adam just nibbles on toys, Chante's nickname is beaver-boy since he can turn a wood toy into a pile of chips faster than a cockatoo.