Author Topic: Poe and I are back!  (Read 17160 times)

Offline Kiwiwade

• Egg
Re: Poe and I are back!
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2013, 08:52:10 PM »
Maxsmom,
I am a beliver of Apple Vinegar now. Poe's infection went away soon after started to give him vinegar and have been giving him a drop in his driniking water daily.
His weight is back to normal and is very active just like he always is. He is also molting so I found bunch of his pretty feathers all over the house :)

Nykia,
I totally had a minin heart attack when Poe got sick! He is a tiny little bird but means a lot to my husband and I. My husband even left work early to take him to doctor... Just like any daddy would do when their "human" kid gets sick. People at work knows how much Poe means to us and they are all supportive.

Please keep posting how you and your fids are all doing. I love coming here and reading all of your post after a long stressful day at work so I can feel happy :hello1:

Offline Kiwiwade

• Egg
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2013, 07:44:41 PM »
Poe is being a teenager!

He is 2 years and 2 months old so I guess its about time for him to be a teenage rebel.
once in a while there are period of a few days he acts out with loud scream, teritorial behavior and even some bites!

Poe is in one of those "Period" right now and is being handful :icon_mrgreen:
The funny thing is he acts all tough and claims his "teritories" but when 7:00 pm comes he turns into a baby bird and
begs for his cuddle time....... ( Which has been a daily rutine for the past almost 2 years every since we got Poe!)
Poe is still very affectionate and well mannered for the most part and his "teenager" things are not bad so I kind of enjoy
seeing him entering the new part of his life  :wink1:

I would love to hear all of your story about your birds "teeenage" behaviors.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2013, 10:44:33 PM »
So cute and.precious.....cuddles at 7 regardless ...can't beat that

Even teenagers need love
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Kiwiwade

• Egg
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2013, 12:41:08 AM »
Maxsmom,

Poe cuddles daily at 7:00 pm during the summer, but he adjust hisself in the winter to 6:15 pm....No joke, I think its so interesting. If we are "late" for our cuddle time which we call it " Wee Wee time", he would even ask us " wee wee time? wee wee time? come here!"....hahahaha

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »
Poe sounds simply wonderful. Even as a teenager
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto