Author Topic: Kobe is a star  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
Kobe is a star
« on: June 10, 2013, 07:13:30 PM »
I just got my copy of 'Aromatherapy for Parrots" by Angela Nelson who works with Dr Shelton - and this forum's very own Kobe is on the cover

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Kobe is a star
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 12:28:50 AM »
Of course, who else could it be?  He IS the star!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »
Wow! I sort of know a star from across the Pond.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Kiwiwade

• Egg
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 08:32:27 PM »
WOW Cetan!

I just ordered the book from Amazon.com because of the cover...lol
Kobe is so beautiful. Poe is still not all the way blue on his head and I was thinking "I cannot wait for Poe to be as pretty as this bird..."
Little that I know, the super model bird on the cover was someone I sort of know..... How cool is that!

Congratulations on your stage mama debut!

Kiwi

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:36:55 PM »
 :pinkelephant: :banana: :cool2:
Village Idiot

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »
If you go on Facebook there is a group moderated by Angela called Aromatherapy for Parrots. One of my budgies was really ill about 3 mo ago and the vet (not my regular one who was on her one vacation a year but another vet in the clinic who does specialize in birds) said he had a tumor, was in respiratory distress and I should consider euthanizing him. I said I wanted to try whatever we could and my friend came over the next day with some oils and she called Angela who has been helping with my friends 60 yr old Hahn's macaw who has seizures and other health issues. I have been using a spray, diffusing, and have a special drinking water for him and he is much improved. He is back to flying around, visiting everyone and his favorite game is to land on Adams cage, wait till Adam comes over to him all mad then fly off. He will do this over and over again.

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 10:41:35 PM »
Cetan, which oils?  I just read a study that said breathing rosemary oil measurably improved memory.  You bet I am out in the garden picking the rosemary every evening!

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 01:41:09 PM »
Dr  Shelton and Angela Nelson recommend only using Young Living essential oils because they are the only brand that is completely pure with no additives or synthetics. I am just learning and would recommend getting Angela's book and if you are on Facebook joining the "aromatherapy for parrots" group whee there is a lot of information. I have been diffusing Frankincense, Idaho Blue Spruce and Orange because they are all good for tumors and the feather spray has lavender, orange, lemon copaiba and frankincense and another spray has helicrysum, copaiba, spruce and sandlewood.

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 05:31:55 PM »
Will look up the fb group and the oil company.  I absolutely adore sandalwood and cedar! 

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 06:11:48 AM »
Cetan - thanks for sharing about the aromatherapy.  I had no idea.  Hope your budgie still is doing well.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto