Parrot Foods, Health/Diet > Health / Diet Concerns

cockatiels and pionus parrots

(1/2) > >>

vampiric_conure:
I wasn't sure where to post this, so in health/vet care it goes, as it does revolve around pionus health.

Question to those with both dusty birds (such as tiels) and pionus in the same home - how do you handle the dust? I have allergies to animal dander so I have two large hepa filters beside the cockatiel aviary/flight cage to control dust. It works so well that my allergies rarely go off. I have five cockatiels and a green cheek conure. How would you handle my situation in order to prevent respiratory problems?

Jan:

Oh, that is a problem.  Running the filters is a big help if they are a good filter.  I have asthma too.  Giving spray baths will help a little on controlling the powdery dander.

vampiric_conure:
Thanks for the response! (And thanks to the mod who moved the thread to it's correct spot! LOL!)

I'm especially worried about my future pi as I have so many cockatiels. But if I have two air purifiers going they SHOULD be okay. Or so my reasoning goes.

Sigh...so much stuff to think about and Bulkhead isn't even hatched yet, LOL!

momazon:
I have read that a box fan in a window, facing out, draws much of the dusty air out.  The hot climate here prevents me from trying this.  Good luck with this difficult issue!

Lupe Banda:

--- Quote from: vampiric_conure on May 11, 2013, 06:07:36 PM ---I wasn't sure where to post this, so in health/vet care it goes, as it does revolve around pionus health.

Question to those with both dusty birds (such as tiels) and pionus in the same home - how do you handle the dust? I have allergies to animal dander so I have two large hepa filters beside the cockatiel aviary/flight cage to control dust. It works so well that my allergies rarely go off. I have five cockatiels and a green cheek conure. How would you handle my situation in order to prevent respiratory problems?

--- End quote ---

Same problem is with me handling the dusty birds leads to allergies. So, because of this most of the time I avoid the birds.
----------
cup cellulite

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version