Author Topic: A NEW Change for Us ...  (Read 5100 times)

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
A NEW Change for Us ...
« on: June 19, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »
While Pionus subjects are interesting to those who love Pionus, it simply is not attracting enough activity here. I am taking this forum on an adventure and making it a full blown parrot related layout with many forums.  I once had it that way but sometime back when I had sever complications with the board going down and brought back a newer version, I could not rebuild it to what is was so since then I've tried to just dedicate a small community of Pionus only but it still lacks visitors and members.

So yes, you see a new logo image up at the top of the board and we are now going to be called "Parrot Friends".  The URL address for here remains the same.

Please also note that we are keeping it simple without all the extra frills of exciting things that some forums have ... even though this board is capable to having it, it really makes for added headaches of problems being that most modifications are scripts that can be hacked and cause problems.

So hope you all will help us get rolling with more registered members so we can be more active!
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
Re: A NEW Change for Us ...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:43:57 PM »

So?  What do you all think of the new layout and the new forum logo?
Jan

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 05:51:18 AM »
The new layout is similar to the old one before the crash - however I really liked the old logo of all Pionus parrots

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:07:56 PM »
There we go a reply button :shades: Like I said in the other area it'd be cool to say we like Pionus as our first love to let folks know  where we started. I think all the cool birds in the new logo looks great and all our old friends are still there. The new forums should just about cover any feathered friend so it should work for folks that maybe wanted to post but thought they had to at least have a Pionus first.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 10:27:06 PM »
I like the new look! A great idea!

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 01:04:30 AM »
The new layout is similar to the old one before the crash - however I really liked the old logo of all Pionus parrots

Thanks, I liked the Pionus logo image too!   

There we go a reply button :shades: Like I said in the other area it'd be cool to say we like Pionus as our first love to let folks know  where we started. I think all the cool birds in the new logo looks great and all our old friends are still there. The new forums should just about cover any feathered friend so it should work for folks that maybe wanted to post but thought they had to at least have a Pionus first.

While this forum has been more Pionus driven in the recent past, it too had been at one time a full laid out forum as to how I set it up now.  I am sure that we are not going to grow much here, it just isn't in the cards for some reason to be populated by many members!  So I tried to be just solely Pionus only here but for me, it was not being active enough.  I know I haven't been posting on here much at all in the last few months.  I need to be more active on here... just like on my Facebook thing, I don't post and when I do it is rare ... I do more reading on there, on here and even on other forums than posting. 
Jan

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 01:51:29 PM »
Cool, I do the same thing on all the varied forums I'm part of, hit the new posts button and scroll through for things that interest me. If I have something to add I post otherwise I just check what's going on ever day. So some days I check things out but no posts from me.
I do hope it gets busy again and all the other regulars that haven't posted in a while come back and we meet new folks.  :thumbsup:
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 05:29:55 PM »
What he said :shades: