Author Topic: New Accounts That Are Subject To Deletion *WARNING*  (Read 5060 times)

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
New Accounts That Are Subject To Deletion *WARNING*
« on: June 22, 2013, 09:43:34 AM »
Here is the real deal ... there are people who register on forums just to post links to other websites.  They'll generally place these links in their signature area and often in a post.  Sometimes they make a comment just to make it look like they are here for the sake of what we talk about ... in reality it is not for that reason.

I can track IP Addresses and other ways plus if you have a bogus email address then that too is a dead giveaway and is a real cause to being deleted.  Even hotmail, gmail & yahoo email accounts are often used for those spammers who love to spam forums.

Make no mistake ... my delete key works very well and I do not hesitate to delete accounts that register for the primary reason of spamming. Sometimes I remove a link in the signature of a newbie account if I feel it is not parrot related in anyway shape or forum nor do I usually visit the website due to the crap it often is so please keep in mind I am on top of this sort of problem. If I feel the member of the new account did not register for the sole purpose of being here due to posting links or senseless words then most likely the new account will be deleted with no question or doubt.  If by chance you are honestly here for the sake of parrots then you can let me know through the main site.

If our good members who are here and I know who they are ... if any of you see something that is not right you can PM me if I have not got to it by the time you see it.

Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
Re: New Accounts That Are Subject To Deletion *WARNING*
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 12:07:52 PM »

I would also like to add this ...

Members who have register and have not logged in within 2 months of registering will get pruned/deleted.  Many people will register and not activate their account and/or they do not even log in after registering and never return back here to the site. Please keep this in mind.
Jan

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
Re: New Accounts That Are Subject To Deletion *WARNING*
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 10:39:07 PM »

I would also like to add this ...

Members who have register and have not logged in within 2 months of registering will get pruned/deleted.  Many people will register and not activate their account and/or they do not even log in after registering and never return back here to the site. Please keep this in mind.

I'll go through our small member list and delete out any members who have zero posts. If they have not responded by logging in here from getting the newsletter I wrote regarding opening back up, if they have not logged in within about a weeks time frame.  I did not specify any details in the newsletter about come and log in or you'll get deleted out if you have zero posts.  Many will just ignore the newsletter and won't even come here.  So far I have not got any bounce backs like where email addresses have changed for some members.
Jan