Author Topic: Who loves Pionus?  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
Who loves Pionus?
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:44:42 AM »

We do!!!  :icon_mrgreen: :heart:
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline Dani

• Egg
  • Bronson The Little Raptor
Re: Who loves Pionus?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:51:24 AM »
WHO DOESN'T!?!

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »
I do. I almost got an older male bronze wing but it didnt happen, I was unsure and then he went to someone else. But I just found an aviary not too far away where she has 2 bronze wing males, one is about 1 yr and the other 1 1/2 years and I am getting one in  few weeks!!!!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 09:00:42 PM »
Lurch says I better or else... :shades:
Village Idiot

Offline Dani

• Egg
  • Bronson The Little Raptor
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »
CONGRATS CETAN!! So exciting!!  :woohoo: :bump: :woohoo:

Dartman, you better do as Lurch says..........he knows where you sleep!  :muhaha:

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 03:42:36 PM »
Well actually we bought a new house so I'm not sure he knows his way around yet but he's loving having more room to fly about and bounce off the vaulted ceilings. House isn't new, but it's new to us and all the important things were replaced or redone.
I was posting about my fun on the Parrot Forum but that's all gone now too so maybe I'll have to post another thread about it soon. The good part is now I/we  OWN a house so no more crap from the property manager or having to leave because the owner is loosing at the track...  :banana:
Village Idiot

Offline The Patman

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
  • No, that's really me. Just an uncanny resemblance.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 06:43:06 PM »
I know it goes without saying, but watch the ceiling fans. We had a lovie who liked to sit on top of ours. One day I got her out, forgetting that the fan was on when WHOMP! explosion of blue feathers! She ended up surviving with only a bruised beak. I felt horrible :cry2:
Na na, na na, na na, na na... PAT-MAN!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 07:52:10 PM »
Yeah, we are concerened about that and try to either leave them off or on  a slow speed that won't wack him when he's exploring. In fact the lummox is preening on my knee as I type this and just had his head tucked and a foot up trying to nap.
I think he's happy now and MOSTLY trusts us as I can poke at him and mess with hm without complaints or bites.
Village Idiot

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »
Before I found the bronze wing I had also contacted someone about a male maxi that was hand fed then going to be used as a breeder but never was and they are no longer breeding Pis. I hadnt heard back from him and then the woman with the bronze wings contacted me and tonight I got an e-mail back about the maxi. I would love to have both but dont really have room. From having a hard time finding a Pi to multiple Pis in just a few days!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 05:34:28 PM »
Well when Nerd passed away my family felt bad and my lil sister found Lurch for me from a Craigslist add right away so what are the odds. I figured I'd have a while to mourn Nerd and then eventually decide about getting another Nerd bird Pionus and I ended up with Newbie/Lurch  Xmas eve of 2009 a short time after loosing Nerd.
It's been a battle but I guess we get what we really need when needed though that would be a hard choice to make after all the time you spent looking and researching. Of course I'm partial to Maxi's... I'd bet his attitude would be a lot like Lurches but hard to say, he might be a immediate love sponge too and same goes for the BW.
Village Idiot

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 07:56:56 PM »
The bronze wings are closer to me and I had a real nice talk with the woman who breeds them,  and she has them on a great diet of fresh veggies and cooked food in the morning then Roudybush pellets available during the day and a little nut/dried fruit/seed mix as a bedtime treat. She sent me a picture of them on a rope perch put in her bird room and they look great. The reason she hadnt sold them is her husband was ill and she was really busy taking care of him and everything around the house plus her birds so never got around to listing them anywhere. I think bronze wings are so beautiful and I am hoping a younger bird wont be perceived as competition by Adam and they can become friends

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 07:57:58 PM »
Someday I will have a house with enough room for more Pionus!

Offline Al_96789

• Egg
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 10:10:30 PM »
With Carla it wasn't my choice, it was her's.  I didn't know there was such a thing as a Pionus Parrot. She showed up and wouldn't leave, but I'm glad she stayed.
Carla - BW