Author Topic: plastic toys  (Read 1967 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
plastic toys
« on: July 05, 2013, 04:53:06 AM »
I have always been pretty careful not to give my pi any toys on which they will choke. Most say... oh do not worry....but...I received an order of plastic horse shoes to link together and hang. Max watched as I strung horse shoes and was receptive to a new toy. But he quickly took the end of the plastic horse shoe off. My finger was quickly in his mouth removing the plastic ball from Max's mouth! Yikes! So happy he didn't swallow. I will keep up my vigilance and avoid small plastic toys
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
Re: plastic toys
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 09:17:21 AM »

Hmmm, what plastic ball in a plastic horseshoe? Do you have a pic or take a pic of this type of thing?
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 12:39:55 AM »
Small plastic horse shoe with rounded ends that are different color from horseshoe....Max figured out end comes off...already discarded the horseshoes....plus I have difficulty with posting photos here

Anyway Max and Charlie will not get any toys with small plastic beads....people (in bird enrichment classes) have told me birds do not swallow beads....I am not taking chances
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 10:01:53 AM »
Glad you got it in time.  I try not to give any plastic, but that means I have to grow a garden and give a lot of messy things.  More work, but I don't know which plastic is toxic and which is okay.  Wish I could have an aviary built around a tree.  Then they could eat the tree!