Author Topic: Latest Lurch update with some pics  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Latest Lurch update with some pics
« on: July 19, 2013, 08:20:39 PM »
Well Lurch has been a bit grumpy, yet also nice depending on the day and his moods. He seems to be molting so that probably isn't helping. A few days ago he decided to sit on top of my recliner and happily preen and I suddenly moved and my sister says "Lurch fell over" I'm like WHAT! so I gently got out of the chair, no Lurch on the floor, look around and there he is sitting in the window seal looking at me like what happened Daddy? He didn't flap or scream or anything, just felt right through the curtain onto the window ledge quietly :biglaughing: I of course rescued him and he leaned his nose into my face and accepted some lovin.
A while later we decided to try Risotto seeing how we keep hearing about it on all the cooking shows and Hell's Kitchen and like that. It turned out to taste pretty good and Lurch suddenly wanted his share so he flopped right onto the edge of my plate in my lap with both feet and helped himself, he also approved :shades:
Then I got a few fuzzy pics of him flying, one with payload and one without just because it was cool. Coulda swore I got a few sharper ones but these are all I found and I'll have to work on that one with the camera settings.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Latest Lurch update with some pics
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 11:45:08 PM »
Those are great pics.  He has sure come a long way! The one of him flapping is worth framing.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 03:40:55 AM »
Thanks, he looks like he's in mission mode doesn't he. Nerd used to walk up to us for treats on the floor but seeing how lurch has healthy flight feathers he flies to get his :biglaughing:
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 09:21:45 AM »
Lurch lots like a healthy, happy bird! And like he knows he has great life. Love flight photos.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 09:31:15 AM »
Yeah, he seems pretty content with his lot in life now. Actually wanting to hop on us and watch what we are doing or just sit on my knee and preen, snooze, and get scritches so I'd say he's happy. But he still has his rough tough motorcycle rider days where he's just snappy and grumpy so we read him a bit and let him be if he's really in a bad mood and I laugh at him as he pirate swears at me and tries to take a shot. Usually I can wait a bit then he'll grudgingly accept a scritch. :biglaughing:
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 11:12:16 AM »
The males sound so much more combative than the females.  Dobby cannot help but attack every morning.  A good fight with the dishtowel, then breakfast, is just what he likes   :shocking:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 12:11:33 AM »
I purposely got male pi because I spent at least 8 years of life dealing with egg laying and lupron with my previous birds.. I just didn't want to deal with eggs anymore. BUT it does sound like females may have more consistently sweeter personalities. If I had time I would consider taking in another bird -a hybrid pi that is thought to be female is in rescue locally.....so tempting...but I am so busy with work and I am commited to ensuring my two boys have the attention they need. So I treasure my boys for what they are...great to accept a bird and let him be what he wants to be.....and that includes sweetness

Enjoy sweet life Lurch
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto