Author Topic: I have been a pi mom for a year!  (Read 1967 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
I have been a pi mom for a year!
« on: August 07, 2013, 01:29:10 AM »
Yahoo! It is just over a year since I became a pionus owner. It has taken me quite a bit of time to adjust and learn after being a tiel mom for 17 years. I complicated my transition by adopting a pi rescue four months after acquiring a pi baby. But my pi seem happy and spoiled and healthy. They make me smile when they quietly stir when I get up late or when they announce how good they are when I get home from work or when they ask for a scritch.  I recently had the opportunity to have 2 lutino tiels that looked like my tiels whom I adored. Honestly I got pi because I wanted a new experience and didn't want to expect a bird that looked exactly like my bird that passed away to act the same. Well it was hard for me to adjust anyway when I got pi. They were not as expected or described and I compared them to my birds that passed away anyway.  But when I thought recently about the happiness my pi bring me, I decided not to adopt these two tiels for a lot of reasons including hands too full. I am happy being a pi mom and am glad and fortunate to celebrate the joys of sharing life with pionus parrots.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: I have been a pi mom for a year!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 03:53:07 PM »
Well good job, with luck you'll have good birdie friends for maybe 30 years. They are quite the interesting little souls and so independent yet needy and opinionated about things they want, like, how and when it should happen, etc.
They can keep each other company too if they get along and that should help on busy times :icon_mrgreen:
Village Idiot

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 10:28:32 AM »
Congrats, so now you can enjoy your future with your Pionus! Being an owner myself for many years now, its been great!
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »
Thanks! Life with boys is messy but a joy. Great to see their personalities unfold as we bond more.And I love being able to appreciate how they bond with me.So glad patience and willingness to get educated has started to pay off.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Louise9460

• Egg
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 02:08:27 AM »
What a wonderful story Maxsmom - I am so glad that your Pionus parrots have brought you so much joy and that you have found happiness being a Pi mom.  :)

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 07:47:45 PM »
They really are the bird for me.