Author Topic: DNA sexing  (Read 3499 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: DNA sexing
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 11:51:35 PM »
Georgette was only 91 grams. She had a huge princess diva personality. Very girly girly. Really very very sweet. Very much missed.

Having boy pionus parrots is so different .....but I will not have eggs  :)
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
Re: DNA sexing
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 07:57:51 PM »
I got Adam through a local rescue, he had been used as a breeder and had no paperwork except he was a male and 'very aggressive'. When I was looking for a bronze wing I almost got one that a local breeder was rehoming but didnt get a good feeling and he wouldnt let me come over to meet the bird. I contacted got the phone number for Wing Nuts Aviary, called and a week later Maggie called me. I told her I wanted a male because I didnt want to bring a female in the apartment and possibly set Adam's hormones off and she had Chante and his brother. My green cheek conure, Princess, has not be DNA sexed but does exhibit a lot of female behavior. My vet said if there was ever an illness and she needed to know for sure we could get the DNA test done. But no eggs thankfully. I have had female budgies in with male budgies and several bonded pairs but I never had any lay eggs. I now have 2 pairs in 2 cages, all were male and are older birds but one had his cere turn brown however our vet said he seemed very healthy and now my other green male in the other cage has a brown cere. Their 'brothers' are both white and grey. Both sets were rehomed to me