Author Topic: Siblings  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
Siblings
« on: October 16, 2013, 12:26:04 PM »
From a Facebook Pionus group I am a member of I just found out that Chante's older brother who is 6 months older than him (same parents different clutch) and he spent the first year of his life hanging out with. He was recently gotten from the breeder and when I saw his picture I asked her and yes it is the same person I got Chante from (maggie at Winf Nuts Aviary). I had been to her house when I got Chante and knew it hadsd to be his brother but she couldnt find the paperwork with the ban number so I contacted Maggie who verified it is Chante's brother. I said we should set up a Skype meeting so they can see each other again  :hello1:

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Siblings
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 01:29:02 PM »
A veritable family reunion! It will be great to see them live  and interacting, I think.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »
That is pretty darn exciting
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 03:14:46 PM »
Do not have time or room in life for another bird....but I woulf so love a Bronze wing

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 08:28:36 PM »
His brother is in S Indiana area so 10 hours away but I think it would be interesting to Skype and see if the can recognize on the computer. I have no doubt if they got together in real life they would remember each other. Here is a picture of them about a year ago

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 12:25:18 AM »
Thanks so much for sharing. What handsome happy birds!

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 09:10:06 PM »
This picture is from about a year ago, just before I got Chante. It is in the kitchen of the breeder, Maggie at Wing Nuts Aviaries (who Russ Shade acknowledged in the Practical Pionus). She has perches and boings all over her kitchen and dining area plus the birds have trees in their bird room, and Chante, his brother and a Cape Parrot about Chante's age got to hang out where ever they wanted when she was home, and were in the bird room with her birds when she was out

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 10:30:37 PM »

That's a great pic of the two of them! Yep, there are probably more brothers/sisters out there to yours down the line... no doubt.
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com