Author Topic: How Many  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Re: How Many
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 12:35:51 AM »
Thanks... It helps to just know that you KNOW what Im talking about. I have many great photos of Robin over the years. I do need to take some videos too. His recent bloodwork came back fine, so I'm just thinking he'll be around for a long while yet  :)

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »
I have 2 Pionus boys, a green cheek conure and 4 budgies. One of the budgies is mildly tame, he will land on my head but mostly wants to play with the green cheek or my blue head, neither one wants any part of that. Last week he flew into Chante's cage and I had to get him out because Chante was not thrilled. If I get a place with more room I would love to have a Dusky Pi and would also like to be able to take in all the Pionus parrots I see needing homes.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 09:40:40 PM »
Cetan, me too. Wish I had bigger home and more time....would love a BW and perhaps a Blue Head
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline KiwiMango

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 07:06:00 PM »
Hi everyone-- new here.  I have 2-- Mango is my Maxi Pi and I have Kiwi, my Quaker.  I absolutely love having 2 because I never get tired of watching the way they interact with each other-- it's hilarious!!  Of course it is double the cleanup/double the expense for food, toys, etc... but I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 12:30:34 AM »

Hi you! Yep, two is better than one!  Welcome aboard!
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 01:47:45 AM »
Love my 2 individually but it is a lot of work being vigilant...I have to constantly watch and supervise to ensure Max does not boss Charlie.....hope this phase passes

You are lucky yours get along so well.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 10:02:17 AM »
And
 :schild27:

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 10:56:57 AM »
Welcome to you, Mango, and Kiwi :icon_mrgreen:

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 12:07:12 AM »
Welcome!

Offline luvbirds

• Egg
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 06:13:56 PM »
Hi
We've reached our the limit of our zoo(I feel like a zoo keeper at times)to 4 parrots who chase our 2 senior cats. My husband got Bronco my 9 year old Meyers for our Anniversary in 2009.He was a rehomed bird with issues like hating men but after 41/2 years he will go to both of us if he has to. I got Zev a White Capped Pionus for my husband in 2010, because Bronco didn't like him and after 3 years she's finally decided I'm okay. Last year our friend who breeds Pionus wanted to find a home as a pet for her Bronze Wing Holly whose mate had died and she was passing on a foot deformity on to her chicks so we adopted her and she literally made it painfully clear who she preferred the second day we had her. In September we got the call that a Blue-headed chick from the clutch we had socialized was being returned by a second owner could we please take Lady now 11 months and we did. The 2 previous owners didn't know what they were in for so we now have some issues to deal with and she's my baby at the moment. It can pretty loud here especially I breeding season.

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 07:27:44 PM »
There are still several more "dream birds" that I'd like to have down the road, but for the time being we will be maxed out after Raven comes home.

When I was living alone, 3 parrots was 'MAXED OUT' for me personally. Robin along with 2 larger parrots didn't work out for me long term unfortunately, being single and working outside of the home. Just too much.

With the two of us involved with the birds now, it helps, but with changes happening around here, we are maxed for now. My dream would be to have 4-5 parrots! I already have them picked out haha. I do wonder if I would personally be able to manage enough individual time with that many though. Even if one day I get to work from home, that still would be a lot of birds. So I don't know, realistically we'll have to see.

One thing is for sure, from now on I will not add another bird unless I am absolutely sure I can handle another in my life. I can't be impulsive these days anyway since I just don't have the same income anymore.

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 01:59:13 PM »
I would love to have a better bird room, and a pi of every kind.  Time will tell if this is a realistic goal, since we have had mishaps and financial changes, too.