Author Topic: Welcome home  (Read 2517 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Welcome home
« on: October 30, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »
I was away for 4 days and Max and Charlie enjoyed their favorite sitter. When I got home neither bird was pleased to see me or said a peep. (Both are pretty content with care of sitter but usually are happy to see me)They were tired. I sat in room for 1/2 hour. I gave Charlie his favorite bird bread as a peace offering. He quietly nibbled. I stated I love you from across room. Max flew over, said I love you and regurgitated

Is there any other way to say Welcome Home? :heart3:
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
Re: Welcome home
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 10:04:26 PM »
Aw, I think that pretty much says "welcome home"! Birds sometimes have a funny way of showing how they miss you but I know they do... sometimes they even show it with a hard bite too! That's to say, don't leave me again! LOL!
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 10:26:21 PM »
Awwww, they are so precious.  I love it when mine act happy to see me, but the zon does like to bite to punish me!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 10:53:17 PM »
Nerd used to turn his back on me for a while as he was put out that I dared leave him but after a day or two or a good urge for a treat he'd be OK again. They are very interesting creatures with a definite attitude about how things should be.
Lurch just get all aggravated and nippy if he feels slighted, then maybe later will finally forgive me after a while and plunk down on my knee or beside me like to say we're good now :shades:
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 02:15:36 AM »
Yes Max bit me after I caged him while I was running errands one day - it was only for less than an hour....but he wanted to be on his playtop. He was very deliberate about it.

Happy to have regurgitated food instead yesterday. Usually after work I get excited chatter...I love you, Mommy loves you,  good bird Charlie.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 05:32:55 AM »
This morning Max gave me a resounding I love you several times and regurgitated. That's a nice Good Morning.   :cloud9: I have tried to teach him Good Morning for a year. I will settle with this

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 06:51:12 AM »
Home from another trip. Same reception last night except Max Flared his tail. He must have been sleeping soundly and I scared him. Charlie was pleased to get birdie bread (filled with veggies) for breakfast though and opportunity to watch snow from window. Max said Hello Mommy loves you, offerred his head for scritches this morning....this was before accepting breakfast

So nice for a welcome back to routine with my pi boys. I had really missed them :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 07:15:47 AM »
When I finally asked Max to step up and come to couch I got excited as Charlie curiously watched. I got more excited as he moved down his ladder to floor as I called his name. Then deflated when he walked up Max's ladder to Max's cage to check out life there :dunno:......darn

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 09:38:24 AM »
It'll happen, just give him time. Lurch wouldn't even come out of his cage for the first 6 months he was here and we opened the door as soon as someone was home for the day.
Now he flies to our shoulder, knees, head, arms, hangs out, steals our food and requests scritches. He also says Hi, hello, hi sweet heart, etc as a greeting and tries to say I love you though most times he messes it up so bad you wouldn't know it  :biglaughing:
I got home other day and he got all excited and flew to the chair and fluffed his neck and said HAII! in the cutest little squeekie voice  :bighug:
Village Idiot

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 10:42:28 AM »
It's so hard leaving our birds. Nice that you have a sitter who you/they trust to come to your home instead of boarding. Also nice to know when you're still loved and forgiven for going away!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 11:03:37 AM »
Yes lucky. My friends are still upset that I have new birds do they aren't ready to sit for my pionus. My tiels hardly acknowledged me for a day or so when I travelled. So lucky to have a professional bird sitter whom the boys like and who provides a consistent environment. Glad birds acknowledge me after a bit :-)

Max's I love you was nice

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 12:21:50 PM »
For sure Max's I love you was the biggest reward. It lets you know that they don't hate you for going away! Wow a professional bird sitter? I bet that's hard to find. Dog and cat sitters are everywhere.