Author Topic: Hi from SoCal!  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Hi from SoCal!
« on: November 02, 2013, 09:01:04 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Julie from Southern California.

Okay, so I FINALLY took the plunge and decided to sign up for a parrot chat group for the first time in many years! I've been feeling the urge to find some parrot people to chat with again, so I've been lurking at several parrot forums lately, but none of them compelled me to say "yes!" like this one did :)
Besides, I've been familiar with Jan's Pionus Parrot website, and I think it's a really great site.

Anyway, as soon as he is weaned... I will be welcoming home Raven, my little boy Bronze Winged. I had a female BW before, and I really miss having a Pi, as they (Bronze Winged) are one of my ALL TIME favorite species.

I currently have at home my beloved 19 year old Robin (male) Red Bellied Parrot who I've had since he was a baby.
Also 2 young adult male budgies Pix and Twigs who are wild, noisy, messy little things who hate human contact LOL!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: Hi from SoCal!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 12:01:41 AM »
Welcome, we love pics :icon_mrgreen: I have Lurch, a Maxi, and had Nerd another Maxi for 31 years. They are great little souls and will be your friend for the rest of their life's once you earn their trust and love.
Keep us posted and do stick around, we need some new members to perk things up :thumbsup:
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 01:45:02 AM »
Welcome! :schild27:  So wonderful of you to join us as you bring your baby home.

I so admire Bronze Wing Pi. Wishing you best with your new baby. How exciting. :cheerleader:
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 12:37:29 PM »

Hi Julie! Welcome to the Pi Forum!  Bronze Wings are so pretty so hope we will be seeing some pics before long!  What's the time frame your baby is suppose to be weaned ... or how old is he right now?
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 01:47:31 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!
Seemed like a nice group from reading previous posts. I saw several topics here that were interesting or fun that I will be chiming in on soon!

Raven was hatched at the end of August, so a bit of a wait until I can meet him. I'm getting him from Maggie Tarleton - Wing Nuts Aviary. I noticed a post from Cetan that BW Chante came from there too!

I'd love to post pics! I usually use my iPhone for the Internet since I no longer have internet access (for now) on my home computer  :( but I have easy access to a public computer to post pics. I will try to get them on tomorrow!

Offline luvbirds

• Egg
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 07:36:19 AM »
Welcome Julie
I'm in Canada and we adopted a Holly a Bronze Wing 18 months ago from a friend who breeds Pi's. She's a former breeder age unknown, whose mate died, who literally made it painfully clear that she is my husbands bird. We also have Bronco a rehomed Meyers 9, Xev (Zev) a four year old White cap and our newest flock member Lady a Blue headed Pionus who we've had for 3 months ,she's 11 months old, we're her 4 th home and she has some issues I'm working on because the previous owners didn't have a clue.

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »
Hi thanks!
 I saw your older posts in the BW section. Holly is very pretty - how she's sitting in your avatar is so cute!
Wow, Lady's 4th home and 11 months?!! Sounds like she's found her place in an experienced and loving home with other Pi's! Perfect  :)
Meyer's parrots are gorgeous too. I really love their color.

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 07:28:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Yes Chante is from Maggie, he was hatched Sept 2011 and I got him Nov 2012. He is quite a character, he spent about a year with his older brother and a cape parrot (Maggie also breeds them) and her pet birds in the bird room in her house so he was not really human socialized but he has so much personality. And Maggie is great with her birds. Your boy may be a brother of my Chante (same parents different clutch). Ironically in a Facebook group I am on someone joined who recently got Chante's older brother (hatched 3/11 from same parents) from Maggie.

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 08:18:47 PM »
Cetan - I have to remember to ask Maggie, but maybe you know the answer. Do you know how many breeding pairs of BW she has? Since you said Raven "may be" from the same parents as Chante, it made me wonder how many pairs she has. It would be interesting to find out if they're bro's!

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 07:29:06 AM »
I dont know how many breeding pairs she has but she is a very small aviary