Author Topic: Sphere play stations  (Read 4068 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Sphere play stations
« on: November 05, 2013, 02:07:34 AM »
I have seen the sphere on line for the past year. I decided against one due to the expense and couldn't imagine hanging anything that gave my birds the opportunity to poop on the floor. I read all of the reviews and finally opened my wallet. What a great investment! Both of my birds love the Atom (glad to provide them another means to exercise and entertain themselves) and a piece of paper under the Atom helps in my quest to not dirty my house more (hard task with birds).  It stays amazingly clean and seems designed in a way that droppings go to the newspaper on the  floor not on it.....or I may just be lucky so far! I have hear of putting it in the dishwasher (taking top shelf off) to clean it.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: Sphere play stations
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 02:34:23 AM »
Good investment. I attached a ladder as Charlie prefers to walk and climb rather than fly...but ladder isn't really used

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:28:19 AM »
I should have posted yesterday but yesterday and today only Mother Pluckin Bird Toys is having 15% off, and they make the atoms. Use the coupon 'holiday'

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 12:21:17 PM »
Mine love theirs better than the boings, and I put a beach towel on the floor. They sit and look out the window.  Seems to make them feel enclosed but not confined, I think.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 06:34:17 PM »
Very interesting perspective on why so popular, Momazon. Cetan I ordered a second about a few weeks ago. Got 10% discount at time as MPBT didn't offer discount on atoms on Xmas last year. Darn Darn Darn. Missed out on 15% but better than full price

Anyone ordering please note you can add toys to order and not increase shipping

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 11:30:38 PM »
I was thinking about finally hanging ceiling stuff for birds, but I was talking to the apartments office about something, and I casually mentioned it and they said no!! I can tell other people hung stuff here before cause of patch marks on the ceiling here and there. Darn, should've just done it and not told them. It's about possibly releasing asbestos. But MANY people hang things from ceilings in older homes or buildings and they and their pets are fine. Not a whole lot of extra space here, so now thinking of building some tall slim shaped floor stands instead and maybe stringing rope or plastic chain between them and hang toys and swings from it... Almost as space saving as ceiling stuff?  :dunno:

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 02:11:49 AM »
I have asbestos "popcorn" ceilings, and so have only hung my things where there was already a hook. If this is the type of ceiling you have, the only way you will not release the powder is to wet it before drilling, and it mushes up when you wet it. It is really not an ideal type of texture in more ways than one.

In the bird room I am going to attach hooks to the studs in opposite walls, very high up, and suspend a cotton clothesline across the room. If I can get the line tight enough, I will hang something from it. Otherwise, they can play like they are wild birds on the power lines...not many more things I can think of to do if I cannot use the ceiling!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 03:08:06 AM »

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 03:10:48 AM »
Also I have seen others hang a sphere from a rolling play station as an added toy

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 07:43:50 AM »
I live in an apartment, and also have a big grapevine wreath with attached toys that someone made and am going to hang that as well. At work I mentioned it and someone said 'Your apartment building lets you do that?' - I said no but I never asked so they havent said I  cant

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 10:47:10 AM »
That small bird cage hanger is a great idea to set by a cage with a swing or atom or boing... I can see, as you say it might not be tall enough, but I like the idea. Space saving too!

My ceilings are the smooth kind... The face of the apartments have been remodeled in recent years to make it APPEAR modern, but it's not fooling me lol!

Yeah, I should not have said anything. I don't know why I asked this time, I normally just do whatever I want in an apartment knowing I might not get my deposit back. We'll see. Been so hectic lately my mind is on more important things at the moment.
Thanks though, for the creative ideas... Will keep in mind.  :)

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 01:18:36 PM »
I ordered 2, only have room to hang 1 now but I am planning on getting a house and moving in the next few years and postage was so much cheaper, only a few dollars more than on 1. My boys usually get along but my green cheek can always play on the other one

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »
Here is Adam on his Atom

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »
Yahoo Adam! Big fun!

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 01:37:09 PM »
Boy, does he look happy! Such a sweet face.