Author Topic: cleaner  (Read 2031 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
cleaner
« on: November 05, 2013, 02:44:28 AM »
When I got Max from the aviary I got a bottle of Environclens to disinfect the used cage I got him.....wow does this solution clean up bird mess well! I use it for the cage but also for most things on which the birds make a mess. Almost melts crud away. Great way to clean and disinfect
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Re: cleaner
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »
That sounds like some great stuff. It's really nice when something helps get dry poop off.
Where do you get it?
I buy Avinol (not sure what the chemical name is) but it is sold by a bird supply store owned by an avian vet. Professional stuff - supposed to even kill viruses.

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 06:42:40 PM »
Thanks for the tip. I am always washing everything, and we are still living in Poop City.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 02:16:57 AM »
It rinses away crud from cage and disinfects. Came in concentrated formula that I add to water. I got it over a year ago and wash with it weekly. Feel it will last for quite a long time....effectiveness may wane due to age before I run out. Got it at my local  bird store. If you can't find it I understand Aviclean is good too.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Meehlticket

• Egg
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 10:49:46 AM »
You have to be very careful with cleaners.  It was told to me by a very experience parrot person, who has frequent hobby related contact with avian veterinarians, that the increase in birds that pluck might not be due to stress or Giardia, but rather the antibacterial wipes that are frequently used in the home.
I clean the cages/toys with a steamer with water and a small amount of vinegar.  It is locally grown vinegar that isn't pasteurized. Smells great!

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to clean the floors tho'.  A mop doesn't do it... only a scrub brush.
Barb