Author Topic: Hi,glad to be here! :)  (Read 1593 times)

Offline DaniW

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
Hi,glad to be here! :)
« on: March 30, 2015, 07:21:33 PM »
Hello!
I'm Danielle. My husband Ryan and I adopted our gorgeous blue headed pionus a few months ago and we love, love, love this quirky, sweet, perch potato, peanut-lovin', sometimes aloof girl! Named her Cooper. Now we're considering getting her a friend. We love in a tiny apartment and she is so quiet and low maintenance. Fun to have around. :)

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Hi,glad to be here! :)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 07:54:37 PM »
Hi and welcome! Cooper sounds really sweet. Pi's are fantastic birds and I love to hear about pi's getting new humans  :icon_mrgreen:  How did you become interested in pionus?   We have a male Maxi and he tends to be very sweet but in need of lots of interaction.

Offline DaniW

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 05:36:38 AM »
hi Momazon! :) thanks for the reply!
My husband and I both onto birds when we were younger, so when we got married a year and a half ago we already knew we wanted a bird. We live in a little apartment, so we knew that we needed to find a quiet one, and though we had cockatiels they were just so loud. We ended up needing to get rid of them. It was sad! But, we found Cooper for an incredible price from craigslist, because a breeder was trying to end  her business and sell all her birds. We were excited because we had heard about Pionus before and really wanted one. We couldn't imagine what a perfect bird Cooper would be! Now we want more! :-)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 05:10:32 PM »
Welcome! Sounds like you have an amazing pionus!
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto