Author Topic: Walking Backwards  (Read 1543 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Walking Backwards
« on: November 23, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »
So Charlie doesn't fly well (vet explained the way his flight feathers grow in that Charlie can't get a lot of height). So soon after I adopted him I got him lots of ladders for him to use to get to places. He is a walker. He walks all over exploring. He has this funny way of walking backwards and turning around as he walks and walking sideways.......it is as if he is checking everything out to ensure his safety as he runs to one of his ladders. Like he is stealth.

My vet has a pionus and told me his pionus was (one of his pionus passed) same about walking backwards. He said he thought it was just a peculiarity of pionus behavior not nervous behaviour from being rehomed.

So do any of your pi walk backwards, sideways, in circle?
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dani

• Egg
  • Bronson The Little Raptor
Re: Walking Backwards
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 09:55:24 AM »
YES! Bronson walks backwards across the top of her cage!! She has always done this! LOL She'll even walk backwards when I want her to step up! She's not being a brat, she just doesn't want to stop playing.........ok, she's a brat, but I love her! :love5:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:21:12 PM »
Glad to hear this is a pionus thing!
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 07:12:22 PM »
Dob flies like a champ, but when he can taunt anyone, he gets down on the floor and sidesteps and clucks like a chicken.  TMI here, when there is a dog poop to be found, he walks backwards and forwards, as if he is approaching a wine and cheese bar.  Bad, Bad Dobby  :shocking:

Offline Dani

• Egg
  • Bronson The Little Raptor
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:25:52 AM »
 :biglaughing: :biglaughing: You have to get a video of that!! LOL