Author Topic: Members check in!  (Read 2798 times)

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Members check in!
« on: November 27, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
Hey, let's let each other know how we are doing this holiday weekend!  I am alive and well, and very grateful!  Birds are feisty, daughter working long hours, me just doing the regular thing.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: Members check in!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 04:37:25 PM »
Got outa work early, sister is home for her days off and has a cold, Lurch is riding around on her shoulder helping with the dishes :biglaughing:
Been mostly working long weeks and trying to get ahead. We'll go to lil sisters house for T-day and pig out and maybe I'll do some black Friday shopping.
Lurch is mostly being good lately but refuses to go to bed on his own so I get down in front of his door and bang his toys and he runs down to defend them and eventually decides I've been threatened enough and he's had enough sideways scritches and goes in.
Some mornings he's still out so I do the same thing and he seems to go in fairly quickly as I think he's now tired and hates being kept awake or bothered.
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 04:56:00 PM »
Had long day at work and a pleasant commute home....no one was on road and was expecting gridlock. So that was great. Happy to be home with no agenda watching my birdies. Will rest at home most of day tomorrow, bake 2 pies and spend my meal with special friends
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 12:51:09 AM »
Hoping to go see a movie at some point and eat at whatever restaurant is open. This year my mom is recovering from shoulder surgery at a care facility :( so will visit her. Spending a lot of the day with birds too.

We normally go to a restaurant for Thanksgiving. No dishes, easy. Only drawback is no leftovers!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 07:56:40 AM »
Hope your mom will be ok

Why is this thread in rehome section :icon_mrgreen:

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 10:49:25 AM »
'Cause I'm really lame about where I put threads...same with cooking turkey.  I hate it.  We are having salmon with tarragon.  I just cannot eat turkey or duck anymore.  Am still cooking chickens, but you know, something about all those funny waterfowl videos on fb...

Hope you all have a nice holiday, and take care of your mom, Julie, my aunt is recovering from a stroke in Portland.  We feel really lucky this year. Hugs to all.

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 11:12:50 AM »
Thanks Maxsmom.

Momazon, I hope your aunt has a speedy recovery.
 I noticed the rehome section too and was confused for a split second LOL

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 11:17:25 AM »
Nah, I'm the one who is confused! Thanks for your kind wishes   :hbeat:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 11:57:15 AM »
Best wishes to your aunt, momazon

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 10:39:46 PM »
Thanks, she is doing better than expected and is very lucid.

Offline Dani

• Egg
  • Bronson The Little Raptor
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »
 :biglaughing: Just saw this way down here in the  re home section! I thought why is this here? LOL Than started reading the posts! Where the heck are the mods when you need em! Guess we don't need this smily  :mods:  You know what that means? This  :partytime2: :cheerleader:
I know Jan, we go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, she's a softy and pretty much anything goes here!  :muhaha:

Nah, just kidding, trying to get Jan to join the party! Maybe she'll even use her Super MOD Powers and move this thread to the DEN or somewheres.  :pc:

I had a nice quiet dinner with my hubby and 2 kids, I cooked while hubs was at work and kids pretended to be "busy" it was a lovely day. We are very blessed.

Hope everybirdy had a great  :thanksgiving: :couchnap: