Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 2010 times)

Offline BabyCricky

• Egg
Hi!
« on: November 29, 2013, 09:35:32 AM »
Hi! My name is Encarna and I'm from Spain. I want to introduce my White Cap Pionus, Cricky. I think she's a female, she's 1 year and 7 months old, so she's still a baby. She's very sweet and very sociable, she gets along with all my other birds, despite I had read that these kind of Pionus often are feisty. I have three other parrots: two cockatiels and an amazon. We used to have three cockatiels but sadly, one of them, who was a female named Betty and also my favourite parrot, died this Tuesday at night  :(

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 10:41:57 AM »
Hello@!  Welcome. So sorry for your loss. Your wcp sounds like a female. My wcp is 20 months old and not always nice to my 9 year old pi. But gosh is he adorable and sweet when he isn't doing the pionus strut. He is quite active. Please post a photo of your wc. Not many wc owners here so it is exciting to have you join. Sounds like you have a diverse flock.  :schild27:
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 10:36:42 PM »
Welcome Encarna, glad to know you!  Sorry to hear of your loss with Betty, we all love our parrots here like children. What kind of amazon do you have?  I have a yellow nape.

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 09:11:15 PM »
Welcome and glad to see you here, I recognize your name and Pionus from Facebook

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »
Hi Encarna, welcome!

I am very sorry to hear about your tiel Betty. Cricky sounds like such a little cutie. I love the WC colors. I was curious too, what kind of Amazon?

Offline BabyCricky

• Egg
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:00:40 AM »
Thanks to everyone. My Amazon is a Yellow Crowned, 7 months-old.

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 12:02:43 AM »
They're beautiful! I think a Panama Amazon is a type of yellow crown subspecies. You don't hear of yellow crowned in the US as much as other "yellow" Amazons.