Author Topic: New Bronze Wing boy is home!  (Read 9576 times)

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
New Bronze Wing boy is home!
« on: November 08, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »
My new bronze wing boy is here. He was hatched 9/14/11 and if from Wing Nuts Aviary. He did quite well on the drive home and then had his vet check up and seems healthy. My regular vet wasnt in this afternoon but we saw another vet in the practice who does a lot of avian work (and has a M2 herself). He didnt seem too happy with her and did bite her pretty hard and drew blood. He ate when we got home and is now taking a nap, he must be exhausted from all the changes and excitement.

Offline Al_96789

• Egg
Re: New Bronze Wing boy is home!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 07:28:50 PM »
Congratulations!
Carla - BW

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 11:29:57 AM »

Congrats!  Now, where is the pic of this little guy?
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »
I have to get a better picture, the only one I have is too dark. This morning Adam, my Blue Head, was acting up, he must smell the new boy. Adam was sitting on top of his cage but fluffed up and angry and he wouldnt let me scratch his head which he usually loves. Then every morning when I walk by with the parakeets bath dish he likes to take a sip (it is just the same spring water in everyones bottles) but this morning instead of taking a sip he tried to knock it out of my hand.

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 01:12:27 PM »
Here is the too dark picture. He is really cute, the eye ring is coral and he has some coral color on his chest. He has been molting so has that rumpled Pionus look

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 08:57:47 PM »
Congrats!
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 07:09:10 PM »
A couple of pictures taken this morning with my cell phone. His name is Chante which is the Lakota word for heart

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 03:23:29 AM »
Chante, you are quite handsome! You have a great new home! Welcome

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 12:33:15 PM »
Congrats! 

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 04:33:37 AM »
How is Adam's adjustment to new addition going? Getting any better?

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »
Adam has calmed down, the past few days he has been back to wanting his head scratches. Last night Chante came out and did not want to ge back inhis cage and he still does not know step up so it was an adventure getting him back in. Well Adam must have thought that looks like fun because this morning he was on top of his cage and usually as soon as I put some fresh nutriberries in he runs back in to eat. But this morning he refused to go back in, he doesnt always step up  and he can be stubborn, the next thing he flew across the room to the parakeets flight cage and finally I was able to get him to go back - and was almost late for work!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 03:44:32 AM »
The adventure of multiple pi begins! I am sure they will influence each other and keep company from across the room. Glad Adam is adjusting

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 07:15:44 PM »
One thing I have noticed since Chante has been here - Adam gets Roudybush AL (he had fatty liver symptoms when he came to me as a result of an all seed diet) which he eats but he prefers his Zupreem natural and Nutriberries. Chante was raised on Roudybush maintenance  in addition to fresh foods which everyone gets. I think Adam sees Chante eating his Roudybush and suddenly all Adam wants to eat is his Roudybush, he now finishes the entire dish before touching his Zupreem!  Chante is quite a chewer, he might be part beaver. I gave him a chew toy which was 4 strands of wood, coconut shells and husk, cuttlebone rings; Adam had one just like it and he will  gently chew it and maybe has chewed through a few pieces of it. I gave a similar one to Chante and it was demolished in under a week. He just got a chew toy of natural pieces of wood that seems kind of hard but he has chewed about 1/4th of it up already (2 days) and there are pieces of wood everywhere.  The woman who raised him said her Pis all seem to be big chewers and maybe they get it from being around her Cape Parrots.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »
So Chante is a great influence!  :)

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 01:34:55 PM »
here are a couple  of pictures from today