Author Topic: Recent Pics Of BRONSON!  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Dani

• Egg
  • Bronson The Little Raptor
Recent Pics Of BRONSON!
« on: December 03, 2013, 06:12:17 PM »
BRONSON SWEETNESS!

THE END!!  :hbeat:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: Recent Pics Of BRONSON!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:10:17 PM »
Thanks for posting.  I so admire BW. I am resisting getting a 3rd bird so beautiful photos like these help me with my BW fix.

She is lovely.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 07:57:11 PM »
There's that sweet little face! Bronson is SO cute. Beautiful bird too.

Offline Dani

• Egg
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 01:30:05 AM »
Just noticed that the pics are blurry, sorry guys. I like to call it "soft focus"  :wink1:
And please ignore the "Luna Dust" on her cage, Too dust gets everywhere!  :shocking:

THANK YOU for the compliments!  :bighug:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 03:36:08 AM »
In 1 post you mentioned she had been ill. Is she ok? I understand pi health can be delicate at times.

How old is Bronson? I noticed her eye rings aren't coral. Wondering if theory on changing eye ring color at maturity is true. By her beak it looks like she is no longer a baby. Sorry as I am sure you posted her age somewhere else. I asked Jan about wcp eye rings changing to coral at maturity and she had not experienced it.

Offline Dani

• Egg
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 05:39:38 AM »
I'll get back to you after work!

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
That is one gorgeous bird!

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »
Wow, there she is ... beautiful as usual! It's been ages since she has appeared before us!!  Hope you all are doing well!
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 02:34:23 AM »
Hey Dani

Waiting for update!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 12:23:33 PM »
Hey Dani, glad to see you posting again :hello1: I see you on AA quite a bit and we need Patman to get on here and stir things up a bit too :biglaughing:
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
Yes, come back home!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 04:15:40 AM »
Oh I wonder what Dani 's screen name on AA is? I may be posting with her and unaware!

Offline Dani

• Egg
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 04:58:16 PM »
Sorry Maxsmom I didn't get back to you about Bronson's illness. She has completely recovered and grew back all her feathers as you can see. It took about 6 months. I just copied and pasted this from the other site I'm on to give you an idea of what was going on.   
Bronson my 6 yr old BW Pionus started to itch and scratch herself bald, and chewing on her feathers. I got her into the vet, she had bloodwork done, fecals, crop swab and a skin scraping. The tests came back the vet said she has a yeast infection and a skin infection from all the scratching. She was treated with an antibiotic and Nystatin and responded to the meds immediately. Down and feathers started coming in and she was almost back to her normal self. I took her back in for a recheck, this time a different vet saw her (same hospital) and said something else is going on and ordered tests for AGY (avian gastric yeast) and Giardia.
The AGY test came back positive, so she was treated for AGY for a month. Two weeks into AGY treatment, her severe itching and scratching came back with a vengence, all her new down and feathers were scratched and picked away. At her recheck, I said all her earlier yeast infection symptoms came back, which he could clearly see for himself. He orders a test for AGY to make sure that was gone, I asked for a Giardia recheck as well. (Thankfully they both came back neg.) Also during her AGY treatment, her cage was literally torn apart and sanitized a couple of times with F10 and all her toys and perches were replaced and since the AGY recheck test was neg, I'm confident the AGY is GONE. Anyway, the vet didn't even acknowledge my hinting around at the yeast infection returning, instead he says he wants me to completely change her diet, maybe it's an allergy. All fresh foods and for protein cooked chicken or fish. He also wants to do x rays for metal poisoning and Asper.

I did follow his instructions for her diet, I obsessed over feeding her and her eating! It was very stressful for me! She did very well and ate everything!! None of her symptoms changed at all, so I put her back on her roudybush pellets.

Offline Dani

• Egg
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 05:00:47 PM »
Oh I wonder what Dani 's screen name on AA is? I may be posting with her and unaware!

:biglaughing: I'm "Dani" on AA as well and pretty much a wallflower!  :bluedaisy:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 05:07:57 PM »
Appreciate background on Bronson. How absolutely scary. So glad she pulled through