Author Topic: Go Figure  (Read 2635 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Go Figure
« on: December 08, 2013, 12:41:07 PM »
I came home from travel to learn Charlue didn't like the mash I prepared in separate bowls for him for each day. I shrugged but I had taken a lot of time finely chopping.  :dunno:

Today I got hot foods at supermarket including veggies and a quinoa patty. I gave boys some of my food while I ate. Max took to the grilled carrots and most other foods I offered. Charlie looked a bit and then started tasting and then chowing down. I waited until he was done as I was so curious to see what he was eating.....drum roll......the quinoa patty (which  I didn't care for)! Yahoo! Charlie is On the road to healthy eating :eatnow: :partytime2:
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Go Figure
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 12:49:23 PM »
My zon has never wanted people food, except for cheddar cheese and peanut butter toast.  Dobby has never wanted anything but people food, and will fly onto guests to try to get thier plates.  He has to be caged at meal time, with his veggies and fruit, but he always protests. Funny how they seem to decide for themselves.

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 12:58:47 PM »
I can see why Charlie liked the quinoa the best, it's a seed-like grain. I like it too, but depends how it's used. I make sure not to give my birds too much bread type foods as treats any more because last vet checkup found yeast in Robin's poop. Dr said it's from bread products. I don't eat much bread, but someone else around here got in trouble for feeding too much to Robin LOL! Haven't tried quinoa with birds, but I'm sure they'd love it!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 01:04:50 PM »
But quinoa was in his mash! He didn't eat his mash but he readily eats this patty. Go figure. I have. Een trying so hard with his diet
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dani

• Egg
  • Bronson The Little Raptor
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 06:19:09 AM »
But quinoa was in his mash! He didn't eat his mash but he readily eats this patty. Go figure. I have. Een trying so hard with his diet

LOL I know it is sooooo frustrating at times and doesn't make sense. Keep trying, don't give up! I had the hardest time getting  Bronson to eat fresh cherries and  blueberries, then one day I threw them in with her warm veggies and she ate them!!!! She likes them warm!!  :thdope:

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 12:22:21 PM »
Mine won't eat cold food either