Author Topic: FLOORS!  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Meehlticket

• Egg
FLOORS!
« on: January 02, 2014, 10:37:17 AM »
My parrots spend most of their time in our combination Florida room and screen porch.  Plenty of space to fly about, lots of things to perch on.  The floors are brick - not sealed, and epoxy covered cement.  Both materials, brick and epoxy covered cement are horrible to clean.  Scrubbing is always needed.  I use unprinted newsprint when most of the droppings fall.
Does anyone have one of those new floor cleaning machines?  Do they work on floors like this?  With droppings? 
I wouldn't, of course, use the cleaner that comes with the machines, but is heat, maybe vinegar added to water, and scrubbing enough?

The next long vacation I take will be in July.  I plan to have the floors pressure washed and an additional layer of UNPELLETED epoxy applied to both floors.  Does this may sense or am I going to go sliding about any time the floor is wet?

Any suggestions, trial and error experience, questions, comments are greatly welcome.

Barb

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: FLOORS!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 11:33:51 AM »
Sorry no experience with this. Hope it works for you
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »
I WISH I had a screen porch or bird room  :)

Good luck, I don't have suggestions to clean those materials, BUT, as you mentioned vinegar (with heat) I've read it can be toxic fumes to birds. Chemical reaction when vinegar gets heated. Thought I'd mention that.

Cute 'Too in a dress!

Offline Meehlticket

• Egg
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 02:54:19 PM »
Thanks for the heads up about the vinegar... I guess I'll just use hot water...
I must admit, there have been times I've just brought in the hose and hosed down the room... but then I have to reset all the circuit breakers afterwards !  bzzzt, bzzzt, bzzzt :biglaughing: