Author Topic: Raven's house  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Raven's house
« on: January 11, 2014, 03:01:03 PM »
Raven will be home next Saturday. Here is the cage I have set up for him. I have more toys, but didn't put in all at once.

Out of the two empty large cages here, last minute I decided to use this one instead of the even bigger one which I wanted to use with the play top. Of course as they say, the more room the better, but I was concerned how the bar spacing on the bigger cage flexes easily on the top to stretch more than an inch, and this one is no more than an inch everywhere, so is safer for Pionus size.

Here's Robin testing things out... Can you see him?  :icon_mrgreen: he looked so ridiculously small in it! Hope Raven looks (and most importantly feels) fine in it.

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Raven's house
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 03:44:32 PM »
He will be a happy boy :)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »
Nerd and Lurch both lived/live in the same cage and both seemed fine with it seeing how as soon as anyone's home they were free ranging. Bigger's always better and I'd like to get Lurch a bigger cage that's easier to move around and less messy but what we have seem to work. All I have to do is hit the lottery and a lot of things will change :shocking: :wink1:
Village Idiot

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 06:05:32 PM »
I think our birds get used to whatever house we give them. If it is a little bit small, but not TOO small, they grow accustomed to it and get comfortable with it. I just wish these cages here had less than one inch bar spacing, but Jan says that's fine for Pi's. I hope walking on the bottom grate isn't too awkward with that spacing though.

Yes, and I hear you about the lottery! We can dream of those nice "changes" like... New home with an aviary and large area dedicated to being a bird room/bird gym, new cages for everyone, more birds?! :shocking: (you knew I was going to say that)! Also other non-bird related things of course would be nice...

If it weren't for my aging parents here, we'd leave Southern CA without a second thought and go to a place much more affordable. Weather is nice here though.