Author Topic: Dental Floss  (Read 4610 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Dental Floss
« on: January 11, 2014, 07:46:33 PM »
Anyone else's pi go on all out attack when they see you using dental floss? I got a reminder when Max bit me while flossing earlier in week. Today I carefully placed him in another part of room while I flossed....the clipped pi did a flying bite at my finger...I missed most of brunt by movibg quickly. He doesn't do this when I brush my teeth but apparently dental floss is evil :yikes:
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Re: Dental Floss
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 11:10:54 PM »
Hmm... All this stuff I read about those who have mature or hormonal males. Do I really want a male Pi??!!  :shocking:........Yeah, still do. I'll just try not to be scared LOL

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 12:34:01 AM »
Ummm I am not sure this has anything to do with hormones

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:40:22 PM »
It has to do with the fact that the bird sees dental floss as evil and must be attacked to save mom which may involve a few bites accidentally or on purpose to try and warn her that the floss is in fact evil and she should run away :biglaughing:
Lurch hates hoodies sometimes and will go into battle mode when he see's me in one, or when my sister walks out in something he's never seen her in he'll fly right at her like she is a Yeti that must be attacked and driven away.
Last time he did that he flew right at her and landed on her arm about to bite then stopped and looked like this isn't the creature I thought it was and allowed her to move him back to his house.
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 02:12:44 PM »
Yes I feel he is trying to grab dental floss. Regardless of his intentions I will remember not to be in same room as him when I floss

Cute Lurch story

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 04:59:05 PM »
Okay with floss here, but I put on a knit cap last night and Mr. Dob flew at my head with a mighty force and bit the cap repeatedly.  It is cold again today so I am wearing the same cap, and he has been stalking me all day.  If you don't hear from me again, tell my mom I love her.... :AvatarSmileyLOL:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »
 :wefly: :giveup:  Glad to hear I do not have the only birdie that takes offence to odd things. Dobby, leave Mom be. She is cold. Hats are good

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 06:22:30 PM »
Hmm... All this stuff I read about those who have mature or hormonal males. Do I really want a male Pi??!!  :shocking:........Yeah, still do. I'll just try not to be scared LOL
Generally I do think female pi are easier. But one adjusts to rough and tumble. My boys are pretty sweet in their own way.  :hugs:

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »
We wouldn't trade him for anything. His personality is a delight and a marvel!  Just have to up our game every now and then when he gets fiesty!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 11:59:02 PM »
We wouldn't trade him for anything. His personality is a delight and a marvel!  Just have to up our game every now and then when he gets fiesty!
ditto about my pi boys

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 11:18:59 PM »
Opps....

Walked near Max while flossing.....he wasn't happy....I scooted in other direction quickly :-)

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 01:40:16 AM »
Can't figure the floss thing out...

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 02:54:12 AM »
Me either but Max has given me clear communication. I will heed the warning

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 07:04:41 PM »
Meanwhile, the Fearless Hat Banisher has extended his frenzy to include scarves.  I have lost the fashion war...

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 02:42:36 AM »
I approached in a hat today.  Oh dear did I get a strong reaction from both of them.

Our pi are fashion police