Author Topic: Raven is here  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Raven is here
« on: January 18, 2014, 04:19:36 PM »
Finally... :heart3:

Been a while since I got a new bird, so I was nervous... What to do? Had I forgotten everything? My nervousness turned to excitement when I saw the airport cargo tram drive up! When I peeked inside his crate he was precious. It took me by surprise when I was taken with emotion and had to hold back tears!

At home, I placed the open carrier on the bottom of his cage, and within a few minutes he walked out. He came and sat on the bottom edge of the cage. I sat right next to him. He acted as if he wanted to go onto me, but he is still afraid to step up for me. I know to be patient to go at his pace as he gets used to me. Though I have advised others of this, it is SO hard to be patient! He was very tame with his breeder, but I look and sound much different than her. Raven is still thinking "and who the heck are YOU?!" LOL He was very interested in preening my hair, and surprisingly he ate food out of my hand. He was really hungry and ate A LOT. I'll give updates soon  :)

Will post pics ASAP

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: Raven is here
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 03:39:16 AM »
Congrats. Exciting to have a new addition
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dani

• Egg
  • Bronson The Little Raptor
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:08:19 PM »
OMG!! Look what I missed!! Raven's homecoming!!  :cool1: :kicking: :bump: :bunny: :clapping: :woohoo: :wefly:

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 07:50:20 PM »
Hi Dani, This forum has not been very busy since I got him this weekend... Thanks all for congrats  :)

Raven had his vet visit today :) I think I mentioned before, right before he was finished weaning, his breeder told me Raven's sibling stuck a toenail in his nare and caused a sinus infection  :( he was done with the meds before coming home and seemed fine, but today vet said he had a little gunk in his nose so they did a flush. Poor guy screamed loud! Hopefully it was only leftover stuff in there. Waiting for other results.

He does have a little deformed nostril area on the right side now, but he's still cute as ever :heart3: It concerns me just a little that the vet said once they get a sinus infection, there's a possibility they could keep getting it off and on all their life just like some humans do. I guess since Pi's are prone to respiratory probs I better read up on that!

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »
Welcome home Raven  :hello1: Chante loves to preen my hair as well!