Author Topic: Adult weight  (Read 4701 times)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Re: Adult weight
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 09:52:24 PM »
Raven was weighed again at the vet today. Two weeks ago he was 225. Today he was 249!! Vet said he wasn't fat, that they lose some weight during shipping? Huh? ...and that now he's his normal weight. So I guess he's on the big side, not small like I thought! He doesn't look like a big Pi to me, though he feels pretty heavy!

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 09:58:53 PM »
According to The Practical Pionus weights for BW have been reported from 220 to 269.5  There will be variations even among clutchmates so I wouldnt worry at all about his weight

I used to own 'The Practical Pionus' but after my first BW passed away, I wasn't using it, and someone on a forum with a new Pi wanted it, so I shipped it off to her in England. Now I really wish I still had it.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 03:09:03 AM »
I wonder if it was Fuzzy. She is on this forum with Kobe. Nice of you to give someone else the book. They are hard to get
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 03:11:08 AM »
Raven was weighed again at the vet today. Two weeks ago he was 225. Today he was 249!! Vet said he wasn't fat, that they lose some weight during shipping? Huh? ...and that now he's his normal weight. So I guess he's on the big side, not small like I thought! He doesn't look like a big Pi to me, though he feels pretty heavy!
sounds like you feed him well. Gee it has only been a fews weeks. He is an eater
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 01:31:42 PM »
No it wasn't "Fuzzy". I've seen her posts as I've browsed through the AA forum and read about Kobe. This was maybe about 7 years ago I gave the book away.

Yes! No kidding, Raven really is an eater! At first I wondered if he was underweight, now, I asked the vet if he's overweight. He said no he's about right. Knowing that Pi's gain weight easily, and how good of an eater he is, I am going to keep him away from nuts and fattening treats except maybe a small amount very occasionally.