Author Topic: He said Hello! Not Max....Charlie!  (Read 1120 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
He said Hello! Not Max....Charlie!
« on: January 22, 2014, 08:21:28 PM »
I am beyond excited! Charlie said Hello to me today. He has never said this in our 14 months together. I at first thought Max was saying it but quickly realized it was Charlie trying to get my attention. Charlie is a clearer speaker. He came to me saying Hi Charlie and Charlie is  a good bird. His foster mom thought she had heard him say What cha doing. After several months that phrase did start as well as other animal noises. When he mumbles I always wonder if he is trying to say something from his previous life. I do not know if Hello is new to his vocabulary all together but it is exciting that he is becoming more comfortable with me. I think he is hormonal and he wants more contact with me in a positive way. He is screaming again but he also is stepping up more. Incredible journey of winning this bird's trust after displacement.

And he does know if he stops screaming and says a word he gets scritches or treats so he does stop screaming but boy oh boy. Anyway he knows he is loved and is willing to overcome more fears to get more contact that he seems to crave.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: He said Hello! Not Max....Charlie!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 01:28:11 PM »
Fantastic!  They steal our hearts!

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Re: He said Hello! Not Max....Charlie!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 03:08:01 PM »
That's so exciting to hear them talk for the first time. Awesome. He is loving his life with you!