Author Topic: Comfortable in car ride  (Read 1568 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Comfortable in car ride
« on: January 22, 2014, 08:29:05 PM »
Charlie reluctantly got in the Pak o bird (backpack with a perch) for the first time last weekend. And off we went to the vet for a vitamin A shot. He stayed calm at vet. When we were securely back in car I unzipped pak o bird so he would feel less confined and could look around more. He didn't attempt to get out but rather calmly preened and looked at world around him. He seems to like car. Really excited about his continuing progress in trusting his surroundings.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline E

• Nestling
Re: Comfortable in car ride
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:44:57 PM »
Congrats! Good boy Charlie!   :heart:
Eloy likes car too.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 01:27:10 PM »
I love these stories and photos!!!

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 03:02:06 PM »
Great to hear!  :)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 06:07:25 PM »
Lurches only car ride with us so far was in his carrier from his old owner to us with a sidevisit to my lil sisters house seeing how she found him for me. It went pretty well as he was pretty concerned with all the new things and I didn't let him out being new and unknown to me.
Nerds only car ride was to the vet a few times and once on the ride home I let him out as I wasn't driving and he climbed up to my shoulder and enjoyed watching traffic and freaking out folks in the other cars.
Village Idiot

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 07:27:34 PM »
Chante is a very good traveler, he goes in the carrier I use which is actually a small dog carrier that I drilled a hole in and mounted a perch. He hopped onto the perch and sat fairly still the entire way home when I first got him, about 3 hours. And when we have gone for a nail trim he just jumps on the perch. Adam sometime will sit still, sometimes he presses up against the side so I can touch him and sometimes he just regurgitates.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 11:39:17 PM »
Eloy! So great to see you. Looks like you are having an adventure as always
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto