Author Topic: Pre-cut your veggies?  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Pre-cut your veggies?
« on: January 25, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »
Do you fit chopping and dicing into your morning routine every day, or do you pre-cut vegetables and put into a container to use during the week? I used to do that when I had an Eclectus, and I will be honest, it seemed so tedious to me every single day. I do not even do that for my OWN food every day! I would pre-cut veggies to last a few days. But I was starting to think, how many days is too long? I would think a few days to be safe for bacteria growth? I was starting to think I want to do that again since I now have a bird who actually appreciates veggies, but was curious... What do you guys do?

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Pre-cut your veggies?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »
I do mine fresh, but I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, cooking.  They seem to like watching me get the food ready.

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 05:42:05 PM »
That makes it easy that you're in the kitchen cooking a lot anyways! I am not... Nonetheless, feels like I'm always doing this  :dishwash:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 04:46:53 AM »
I would like to prepare fresh food dishes for week all of the time but I mainly only do so when I am going to travel. I like to prepare dishes so it is easy on sitter and she can concentrate on playing with them and giving them exercise rather than preparing food.

So I add to stress of morning by cutting veggies most mornings before going to work most of time.

I hardly prepare food for myself but my boys eat well
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
I will cook enough gain mixes to last a few days, or make a big batch and freeze it but I cut veggies almost every day. I usually only give a few types a day and rotate them so for only 2 it is not too much chopping.