Author Topic: What type of pellet does your pi eat.  (Read 2120 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
What type of pellet does your pi eat.
« on: January 27, 2014, 04:48:34 AM »
Both my boys will only eat Caitec Fresh Oven Bites. I have tried Roudybush, Harrisons, TOPS and a few others. Both refuse. I have tried putting Harrison's in bird bread or sprinkling on food. I would love to get them on Roudybush due to lower protein level.

Would love to hear what type of pellet your pi eat and how you got them to eat it
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Re: What type of pellet does your pi eat.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 02:36:37 PM »
Harrison's lifetime (fine sized)  :)

They all (including Budgies) just took right to it. Birds I've had in the past loved Harrison's also.  :dunno:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:10:49 PM »
Lucky you Julie

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:42:19 PM »
Hard to gauge how much is eaten, they tend to throw the pellet dishes and eat anything else.  I give up and then buy more, never much interest except with the senegal.  She seems to eat them so I will stick my hand in the cage to get the dish and then she can drink my blood :giveup:

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:45:23 PM »
Roudybush (small size), Adam is supposed to eat the AL formula and Chante eats the daily maintenance but I usually mix a little of the daily maintenance into Adams. Adam will also eat a little Zupreem Natural and Caitec oven fresh. Chante used to love the Scenic pellets but because he was the only one who ate them and I can only get them by ordering direct he has come to like Roudybush. Luckily I get Roudybush (including the AL) at wholesale price through the rescue I gpt Adam from. Everyone in my house refuses to touch Harrisons

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 02:36:48 AM »
Appreciate feedback. Given my good eater and my finicky eater are on same page regarding pellets I was wondering what worked for others