Parrot Foods, Health/Diet > Food Nutrition

Quantity and size of pieces?

(1/1)

Julie T:
Just wondering what quantity your Pi's are consuming daily (vegetables). I give Raven roughly what looks like maybe 1 cup. 8oz. ?? and it's picked over pretty well, but never all gone. I give the veggies during most of the day, and give the pellet dish later. Just wondering what the other Pi's out there eat in terms of quantity?

Also... What size do you chop?  It seems that I get too much veggie waste if the pieces are cut too big (what I THOUGHT was Pionus appropriate size). Now, I only cut them in very small chunks even smaller than 1/4". Maybe 1/8" and still too big. I wonder if it's just Raven. I'm thinking of getting a chopper. It would be easier (also safer for me, it's hard to cut the hard yams with a knife). That way I can get small pieces easily. Raven started out liking broccoli, now not so much, so I could chop it up like crumbs over his favorites, and he won't be able to avoid it.

Cetan:
That is the concept of CHOP (see www.parrotnation.com) that small pieces keep them from picking out what they like and dont like. My boys usually get smaller pieces mixed in with their grain mixture or in mashed sweet potatoes or squash

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version