Author Topic: Benjamin  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Dakrua

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
Benjamin
« on: February 11, 2014, 12:47:13 AM »
Not sure if I ever introduced myself but I own a Bronze Wing named Benjamin. I bought him from Wing Nuts Aviary last year and I met someone on Facebook who owns his brother, Chante. Figured I'd share some pictures of him.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: Benjamin
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:13:59 AM »
Welcome!  Hope you enjoy our forum and tell us more about Benjamin. He is handsome and yes there are several BW here. Glad Cetan led you to us.

What types of foods does Benjamin like? What type of toys does he like?
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 02:09:42 PM »
:schild27: beautiful brother to Chante.  :hello1:
Please tell us more about him!   

Offline Dakrua

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »
We're working on getting him to eat more fruits and veggies, he gets super excited for almonds. He's coming around to like Nutri berries though.
As for toys.. he's not picky at ALL. He's a little blue wood chipper though.. even cracked his coco the monkey in half LOL His favorite seems to be chains though.. and he went sort of nuts over his Sputnik, destroying it in a few hours.. I call it a total success though. He's a chatter box and knows a ton of phrases.. Tickle Tickle, Hey Boo Boo, Benjamins a good boy(Good boy. GOOD BOY, IM A GOOD BOY. GOOOOOOOOOD BOOYYYYYYYY is what he's screaming right now LOL), Love you, I want to Move it Move it, Whatcha doin?, I'm a diva, Out please, he yells at the dogs to shut up, tells the cats to go away, etc, it's hilarious. For something that supposedly has a limited vocabulary, he talks more than some of the other species!

He's not a nervous bird, but is a little shy with other people, even my husband. He's strictly MY bird.. and I have to admit, I love it! For a bird that was very much an impulse buy (Bad me, I know!) he's absolutely everything I've ever wanted. I've been able to pet him in the past, but only when I've had him toweled or when he's launched off his cage and flown to me when he's been spooked.. So I've been working with him a lot and praising when he's touching me.. yesterday he was picking my fingers up and allowed me to scratch his face when he was on the side of the cage.. He's come down to let me do it a few more times..YAY progress!

He gets super excited when I sing and he LOVES watching musicals... Glee is his favorite show, he pretty much chatters, fluffs, and acts like a fool the entire time it's on. I'm hooked.. I'm so thankful I found this amazing species. My husband wants one of his own now though haha So we're going to be spending some time deciding what to bring home next. Totally addicted to Pis!

Who could resist that face though?! :)

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 02:16:34 AM »
Thanks for that! He sounds wonderful!  :hbeat:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 03:25:00 AM »
Benjamin sounds like such a joy! Thanks for sharing. 

Consider getting a pionus from rescue/rehome as several need homes and pi sometimes get a bit stuck as they aaren't as well known birds. I got my second pionus from a rehome situation and it is heartwarming to open up his world and make him happy
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 02:19:55 PM »
Hi Benjamin (and Ashley), I am Chante's mom. And Julie T here has Raven who is Chante and Benjamin's baby brother (just hatched in August)

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 08:00:08 PM »
Here is an old picture of Chante and Benjamin when they were younger and still living at the breeders, I am sure I have posted it before but now that Benjamin is here as well I figured I would repost

Offline Dakrua

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 09:18:25 PM »
That has to be one of my favorite pictures!

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 11:13:43 PM »
Stunning birds!

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 11:21:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Nice to see a pic of Raven's other big brother  :)
Benjamin is a beautiful bird. Which one is he (and Chante) in the picture?

Three brothers... You can see the family resemblance can't you?  :biglaughing: