Author Topic: Raven discovers new toys  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Raven discovers new toys
« on: February 02, 2014, 08:28:33 PM »
Raven is finally trying all his different toys. I found that he seems to like shreddable toys the best so far, he likes the plastic chain links (Robin's favorite), and I can see where he tried the wood toy just a little. He is not a big chewer. Maybe he'll become one later?

Then today for the first time, he tried his foot toys at the cage bottom for a few minutes. There is a pic of him playing with his wicker ball with small toys inside of it, he was also investigating the pink and green ball (in the background) a little too.

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Raven discovers new toys
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 09:07:29 PM »
Awww, what a sweetie!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 02:25:39 AM »
Great work, Raven
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 12:12:22 PM »
Good boy Raven, and you are so beautiful!  ♥
I love his pearch in the first pic. Eloy would love that.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 12:51:49 PM »
Oh and Julie when I first got Max I was nervous about hormones after reading others' online posts.  Normal for you to be nervous....do not worry though...:-)
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 01:15:14 PM »
Thanks everyone!  :) I take pics to post here now with my new iPad. It's so easy now to size pics with an app. Trouble is, the iPad photo quality is awful. Maybe there are settings I can use to make it sharper, but I'm not happy with photo quality. The iPhone camera is much better, but now that I'm used to the tablet, the phone is just too small. 

@Eloy - I had to have that perch when I saw it!! It's a sandy perch.

@maxsmom - It's good to hear that not everyone's males go nuts. At least Pi's tend to show a warning too.

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 06:09:17 PM »
Chante is such a prolific chewer that I use the expandable habitats skewers and just put different colored wood slats and blocks on them. He also loves toys from I Got a Woody Bird Toys http://www.igotawoodybirdtoys.com/  Adam just prefers to gently nibble on rope and wicker

Offline Dakrua

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 05:22:23 PM »
He's such a pretty boy! I signed up for the I got a woody toy box club that Cetan posted and Benjamin LOVES the toys he gets from them. They're really well made and well worth the price.