Author Topic: Lurch updates, sisters new hair cut  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Lurch updates, sisters new hair cut
« on: April 05, 2014, 09:55:53 AM »
OH MAN, Lurch was upset when she came home. He has been here almost 5 years and she has always had very long hair, well yesterday Mom, step Dad, and sister took some of their tax return and got all spiffed up at our hair salon  where our gal works. Sis got almost a page boy type short bob and looks totally different now, looks nice but unlike her after all these years of the same style. Lurch was just about livid, he kept biting her coat arm with great gusto, then forgetting and rubbing his head like he does :biglaughing:
Then he flies over to see her, starts flaring and muttering to himself, threatens her when she looks at him, BUT then decides her knee is OK.
This had got to be about worse then the evil hoodies and the time she came out in a coat he'd never seen and he jumped on her, only to realize who she was and meekly let her put him back on his cage.
Guess he'll take some time to decide it's her and she's OK again, though he still fly's into the kitchen to land on her, then demand a drink or treat, or suffer the wrath of Lurch. BUT he's found that trying to peck her to get what he wants is harder with all that now fluffy hair on her neck, plus she just shakes him off when he gets pissy till he calms down.
Crazy bugger, at least he has someone else to be mad at now when he's in a bad mood :wink1:
Village Idiot

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Re: Lurch updates, sisters new hair cut
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 12:35:46 PM »
We have just experienced this same thing for the first time too. My husband came home with a different hair cut, and Raven acted like he saw an 8' green alien or something! Wearing a cap, same thing.

Well, he went to get his hair cut thinking he'd come out with the same style, but the guy accidentally screwed up the cut and had to shave it off about a 1/4 inch all over. You could imagine, he was so mad!! He left without paying and they didn't stop him lol.

Other species I've had never reacted this way believe it or not... Even some large species. I don't know why, but Raven is the first guy to freak out at different looks. All of you say the same thing, so I guess Pi's are definitely a species that really notice and CARE about how we look!  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 12:59:10 PM »
Thank you both for your posts, I was beginning to feel that Dob is a fashion Nazi.  Makes a difference to know there are others walking that thin line... :shocking:

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 01:23:50 PM »
Your welcome, they do seem to notice the little details and they sure have a lot of rules on how life should be and how their other flock mates should look and behave. :shades: Nerd always had to share breakfast with her on her days off, then after chow it was time for a long scritch, some days a few minutes, some days till her arm got tired. With me it was hang out, rough house, get scritches and treats. Then there was the walking up to the couch and demanding his peanuts and nutri berries :biglaughing:
I think Lurch is still sorting out who is supposed to do what even though I'm his favorite. He does like to do the attack her arm when she gets home game mentioned above though.
Village Idiot

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 01:30:12 PM »
LOL Terry and Julie!  :icon_mrgreen:

Eloy don't mind at all, I color my hair often and change hair cut, so he is used to that I change my look/style.
And when I have a towel around my hair/head he gets happy and exited and want a ride.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »
YES, But he LIKES showers too...unlike Lurch who hates the sprayer and would happily baste in his own juices.
Village Idiot

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »
Yes Eloy loves to take a bath. (with or without me) And I'm so happy for that. 
But I spoiled him a lot too, so he knew he is a very good boy. ♥

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 03:10:09 PM »
Momazon - is Dobby the only one who's like that at your house? I'm curious to know about your Amazon...

JT - wow, Eloy is the only Pionus I've heard of who is easy going about looks!

Come to think of it, I do think Raven is more easy going about ME changing looks (towel on my head, sunglasses, etc) than he is of my husband. I wonder why...  Then again, I haven't changed anything TOO drastic around him yet.

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 05:07:28 PM »
I have heard of Pis getting furious over a different color nail polish so a new hair style does not surprise me at all.

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 08:42:50 PM »
When my zon was about four I went to a shorter style and she put her back to me for about three days. Since then my hair does not bother her.  She is also more docile than Dobby, and more ready to travel and mind verbal commands.  The senegal is entirely different, being hostile to all other animals and any approaching human, then very lovey and playful with the dogs and warming up to humans.  Birds, no, she alway attacks them.  She was like this when we rehomed her.  Dob started out like the zon, but got a little frisky starting around 18 months.  Now he is four and suffers from testosterone toxicity   :yikes2:

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 09:03:21 PM »
"Testosterone toxicity"  :biglaughing: ROTFL!! I have to remember THAT one!!

I have a feeling there is a good chance Raven will be overcome with it too. He's a week over 7 months old and already acts like a grumpy old man. I "can't wait" until he's a little older... LOL. We're working on positive training techniques now so hopefully he won't be so terrible then. 

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 03:24:24 AM »
Dartman - hope your sis is careful with the discerning pionus. Gosh are they particular
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 10:06:47 AM »
OH she is. She respects his autharatay :icon_mrgreen: and we leave him be when he's extra pissy. Like said they sure have a lot of rules and it would be nice if they'd just make us a list :shades:
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 10:13:35 AM »
Ha! I love the way you call him pissy, and I bet Lurch would say he writes your list on your hand with his beak!!! :taz:

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 10:19:58 AM »
 :biglaughing: yep he does, or the back of my neck, but at least he's learning biting or pinching hard just gets him shook off then the fun stops so he seems to be learning to hit with a closed beak, tap with it open, or just growl and complain if it isn't a grievous transgression we've committed.
Village Idiot