Author Topic: Curious what you think of this...  (Read 3984 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: Curious what you think of this...
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 02:32:33 AM »
Don't all pionus, regardless of sex, do pionus strut?   
Nerd almost never bit me as he loved and trusted me so we had respect for each other and Lurch is getting there as we slowly come to terms with each other.

I keep wondering if Nerd was REALLY a girl... Small for a Maxi, seemed a bit more even tempered... Not all pet females lay eggs. Not that it even matters of course, but I was just thinking about it.  :dunno:
Hard to say but Nerd did do the pionus strut just like the video of Eloy doing exactly the same thing. Nerd had his pissy moments too and I did get bit from time to time but there always seemed to be a reason I could understand.
Hurt, scared, not wanting to come out for the vet, stuff like that.
Lurch sometimes has reasons I haven't figured out yet but he's getting easier to read and more easy going and trusting all the time. He did start out scared and not in the least afraid to bite if he felt the need. Nerd tended to not want to bite unless really pushed from the start, but he'd bite more then Feed would who was bigger and more calm about things.
Nerd was Nerd and there'll never be another no matter what sex he really was. Lurch is different but similar and both had/have quite the attidude and dignity about them.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 03:54:48 PM »
I think so but I've never had a verified female before to see if they do exactly the same way.
Village Idiot

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 04:30:17 PM »
I've heard so much controversy over full spectrum bulbs, that the spectrum doesn't stay "full" for very long, and we don't know at what point they're essentially ineffective and just wasting electricity. It would give more light though!

We're moving this summer, so there will be more light and a better environment soon.  :)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 04:33:47 PM »
Good question... I'd like to know too, if anyone has a mature verified female if they strut too. All us regular posters have males huh?

Jan would know of course  :)