Author Topic: Lurch stealing treats pics  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Lurch stealing treats pics
« on: April 12, 2014, 01:15:23 PM »
Well he's been getting a bit braver lately and he noticed the old and his new Nutri Berrie bags next to the couch on the floor so he flew down to the cushion and started trying to figure out the best plan of attack :biglaughing:
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
Re: Lurch stealing treats pics
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »
Wow is Lurch cute. Great photos
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 02:25:24 PM »
Thanks, I did cheat for him and move the bag up on a pillow so he could reach it better and he kept getting distracted by the camera noises. I figured they were good for him, gives him a enrichment activity, and he seemed to enjoy the process of getting it done then scurrying away with his booty as you can see.
He was thrilled this morning because I got up early to let our bug guy in the backyard and then he got to come out and sit on my knee while I surfed on my tablet :blink:
Parrots seem to attract house ants for some unknown reason :shades:
Village Idiot

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 09:56:09 PM »
Oh that's so cute! Thanks for sharing  :)

I should try Nutriberries again. I remember I got some several years ago and no one liked them and I wasted money. The other day, I bought something very similar by Kaytee. It came in a small package that's why I bought it. They both loved it! I think I will try the Nutriberries again.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 10:37:27 PM »
Lurch and Nerd love the tropical fruit ones. Lurch prefers the fruit, I guess Nerd liked the classic better at first but later really liked the fruit. He sure had fun and some good treats and it was fun to get the shots and help him succeed.
Village Idiot

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »
Both my boys love Nutriberries. Dr Orosz who is one of the foremost avian vets in the country says they are nutritionally as good as pellets and Lafebers is the only company that uses vitamin supplements made in the US (most vitamin supplements are manufactured in China). So I dont feel bad giving them some Nutriberries every day. Adam prefers Tropical Fruit or Sunny Orchard, Chante will eat any, they both liked the Garden Veggie until a few days ago (that was the bag i had been using, I try to switch each time I open a new bag) and suddenly Adam, who is molting and hormonal (a great combination   :pc:  ) decided he wouldnt touch them.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 07:34:56 PM »
I think Lurch eats more of those then he does the supreme fruit pellets he likes. Nerd I had to mix them with a varity of seeds and goodies, but he grubbed on the nutri berries too he also loved peanuts which I later found out weren't good.
We used to go to the health food section and get shelled sunflowers and other goodies and mix it all together so he got a variety of food, plus what he stole from us and veggies and treats.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 11:51:28 AM »
These are just the best, you should frame them and put them on the wall!  Thanks for posting.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 04:31:38 PM »
I just recently made a seperate Lurch folder on my pictures folder just so I don't have to wade through all of them, but can look them up when needed.
I've had some form of digital camera since 2003 or so so I have LOTS of Nerd and Lurch pictures, plus a few of Beeper I managed to save before I lost my first one.
Sometimes I print the really good ones or load them into our digital photo frame. Mostly I just play them from my media player on the network to my TV.
Thanks for the complement and maybe I'll do that sometime to brighten the place up.
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »
Yes, I'm just the old paper and pencil type, framed pics and all that.  When my foster sons were with me they would coordinate all the media stuff and do it for me while I cooked dinner.  I just cannot find enough time to do the tech stuff and keep the house, job hunt, and garden going!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 10:11:20 PM »
Well since I got my first PC about 90 been slowly getting more digital, then I got the net about 95 I was in. Been building my own Pic's since about 92 or so when my buddies and I figured out they aren't hard to build and you get exactly what you want for way cheaper.
Then I saw my buddies media player box that plays almost any file known to man audio or video I got a nice cheap one and figured out networking so I could use it all.
Been doing everything myself long enough I can build, wire, install about anything. Sisters using my old quad core machine and mom has my old dual core  :shades:
I've got a great old Canon AE1 program film camera and a Canon T3 DSLR with 4 lenses and all the other A/V gear to play with.
I've printed out quality pictures for us and mom so we have a few hard copies and sister likes to carry small snaps of Nerd and Lurch to show off the ugly feathered kids at work   :icon_mrgreen:
I've always liked cars, electronics, and tech so I keep up with it and understand all of them.
I mow the yard, fix the cars, and maintain the computers and network, and house repairs, sister is in charge of picking the plants, house cleaning, food and supplies, stuff like that, and Lurch tortures us both.
Village Idiot

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »
Yes he is very handsome! ♥

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 01:21:22 PM »
You guys sound like a good team, and I wish I had a brother who could do all that!