Author Topic: He doesn't scream.... Yet?  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
He doesn't scream.... Yet?
« on: April 13, 2014, 09:26:23 PM »
While I enjoy the fact that Raven is a quiet bird, I'm starting to get really curious about the fact that he NEVER screams. He's now 7 1/2 months old.

I was thinking he's just young, but not too young to scream... I remember my BW hen I had who passed away at one year. Though she was considered quiet too, she would give a good yell every so often, and definitely before Raven's age.

Raven is NOT silent... No need to worry there. He often makes "noise", says the few words he knows, pretends to mimic human speech though you don't know what he's saying, and he makes other various natural Pionus sounds, but not a yell or scream yet. Only if he's accidentally touched where he doesn't want, otherwise never.

Anyone have this experience with a Pi? It just seems strange!

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
Re: He doesn't scream.... Yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:48:32 PM »
My Blu, she is like close to 5 years old and does not scream.  The loudest she seems to be is she imitates a phone ring. I've had numerous Pi's that were not really noisy.
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:43:21 PM »
Max does not scream and doesn't have volume in his voice. There is the exception if Charlie is really screaming loudly Max may put out a yelp but rarely.

Be happy Raven doesn't scream
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »
Adam was with me a year before he started to scream - I am still convinced my green cheek taught him. Chante will scream only as a flock call to Adam or if I am trying to get him back to his cage and he doesnt want to go, his scram is almost like a honk

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 01:40:15 PM »
Thanks, that's interesting. It sounds like all Pi's are different! Or maybe like Chante, it's still coming. I'll just be glad that he's not a screamer.  :)