Help on Emergency Situations > HELP!! Emergency!

Dirty/dry beak?

(1/4) > >>

E:
I need some help. Look at this picture.

1. 12 weeks old.

2. Today. The beak seems dirty from porridge (I think) and dry too?

I Have try to clean it with coconut oil, (he don't like it at all) and the shower twice a week doesn't help enough so what to do?
He is eating lots of veggies and fruit everyday (he eats everything I give him, so lucky me!) so I don't think it's vitamin deficiency.

maxsmom:
Humm, maybe ask vet to blood test to make sure no deficiency. Or maybe it is just Maxi beak? He sure is cute. Sorry I am not much help. Dartman! Help! :-)

Dartman:
When Lurch first got here his beak looked like the first pic snd he was 4 or 5. Now it looks more like the second pic, especially when he's stolen some messy food.
I do have one of those cement perches in his cage though and he loves to sit on it and clean his beak so I think it has gotten a bit roughed up.

E:

--- Quote from: maxsmom on November 20, 2012, 01:47:24 PM ---Humm, maybe ask vet to blood test to make sure no deficiency. Or maybe it is just Maxi beak? He sure is cute. Sorry I am not much help. Dartman! Help! :-)

--- End quote ---
Thanks! :) And Eloy said thanks too. <3

E:

--- Quote from: Dartman on November 20, 2012, 06:20:24 PM ---When Lurch first got here his beak looked like the first pic snd he was 4 or 5. Now it looks more like the second pic, especially when he's stolen some messy food.
I do have one of those cement perches in his cage though and he loves to sit on it and clean his beak so I think it has gotten a bit roughed up.

--- End quote ---
Thanks! :) Yes they are so good to steal food. (but I love to share my food with Eloy)  And Eloy loves porridge. Today he had his bath and the beak is better today but not as you see in the first picture. Can it be age?
Aha, I have a cement perch too, but he only sit on that perch for the night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version