Author Topic: ~~Sierra Sunrise~~Simply Adorable~~  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Nakia

• Egg
  • Real Name~~De'Andrea
~~Sierra Sunrise~~Simply Adorable~~
« on: July 10, 2014, 11:25:08 PM »
I promised I would get a few photos on here of my white capped pionus Sierra Sunrise on here. I got Sierra Dec. 26, 2013. Her hatch date is 08/17/2013, so next month she will be 1 yr old 3 days after my birthday.  :hatch: I call her a she, but I'm thinking she is a he after reading a few personality descriptions on here of ya'lls pionus. I have called her a she for so long now that most likely I will continue to leave her, ummm him in total identity crisis mode. Shhh, don't tell him and he will never suspect a thing!  :wink1:

I named her Sierra Sunrise due to her coloring. To me her dark green coloring reminds me of the gorgeous fir & pines that grow in the Rocky Mountain range, the parts of the country where I would live if situations and life itself had made a few other turns. The white cap and the white floofy feathers under the green reminds me of the glistening snow that collects on the conifers after a gentle snowfall overnight. The blue around her neck is the sky peeking through the branches and her red under feathers on her tail is the sun coming up and rising through the branches of green and white of the clouds.  :bighug:

These first photos are a few days after I brought her home and she was out on her play perch.

~~We All Live In Texas~~

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Re: ~~Sierra Sunrise~~Simply Adorable~~
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:04:30 AM »
Aw Sierra Sunrise is absolutely adorable!  :icon_mrgreen: you have a beautiful baby. She's about the same age as Raven my Bronze Winged male.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:18:01 PM »
She is a beauty and obviously has a lot of personality.  :hello1: Thanks for sharing.

I was just saying to my Max who is 2......how does anyone keep up with a ball of acrobatic energy.....a white cap pionus
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Nakia

• Egg
  • Real Name~~De'Andrea
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »
Thanks Ladies. Sierra definitely has lots of character. I lovingly call her my 'Mini Amazon'  I know she is not a Zon at all, but the flaring and strutting reminds me so much of a tiny Zon taking on the world.  :biglaughing:

When I come in the house after being gone she is literally screaming "Ewok" and sometimes a word or two she knows. Of course in my house there is a whole lotta' screaming of excitement going on and it does not daunt her enthusiasm one least bit.  :thdope:   :icon_mrgreen:

~~We All Live In Texas~~

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 03:46:51 AM »
I do not have experience with Amazons but imagine pionus are mini zons from what I understand. Watch the beak and the struts and puffing and all is ok
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Nakia

• Egg
  • Real Name~~De'Andrea
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 10:02:27 PM »
Oh yes I know about the beak! When she first came home she would give kisses while on my hand. Then she decided kisses were for wimps and gave me a smart pinch on the cheek instead one day. :biglaughing: I dont offer her my cheek any longer, but she does still enjoy a neck scratch.  :icon_mrgreen:

~~We All Live In Texas~~