Author Topic: ~~Roscoe My Catalina Macaw~~  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Nakia

• Egg
  • Real Name~~De'Andrea
~~Roscoe My Catalina Macaw~~
« on: July 11, 2014, 01:18:35 AM »
This be my Catalina Macaw Roscoe. He's my imp and at almost 3 yrs old he is in his brattiest of times on some days now.  :thdope:  He loves to pinch my arm when I carry him to his play perch. Catalinas for those who don't know are a hybrid between a blue & gold and a scarlet macaw. He tends to lean more on the B&G in personality where as his older brother Angel in my opinion is a bit more like the scarlet. Roscoe is my buddy and I love him to bits.

~~We All Live In Texas~~

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Re: ~~Roscoe My Catalina Macaw~~
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 11:51:31 AM »
Wow really pretty Macaws! :) Jan the owner of this site has a B&G.
Roscoe and Angel almost look like Harlequins with such a deep orange/red. I love the bright and variable colors of Macaws!

Offline Nakia

• Egg
  • Real Name~~De'Andrea
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 01:07:27 AM »
Thank you Julie. I have been told more than once that my boys look like Harlequins instead of Catalinas. And I was even basically called a liar by one gal on another parrot forum. She wanted me to get photos of their parents to prove it.  I told her she could go get the photos herself if it worried her so much.  :biglaughing:

There are so many gorgeous macaws out there pure breed and hybrids, would love to have one of each if I just had the space and funds to care for them.  :blink:

~~We All Live In Texas~~

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:09:48 PM »
Thank you Julie. I have been told more than once that my boys look like Harlequins instead of Catalinas. And I was even basically called a liar by one gal on another parrot forum. She wanted me to get photos of their parents to prove it.  I told her she could go get the photos herself if it worried her so much.  :biglaughing:

Well I don't know.... I'm gonna need some proof here  C:-).

LOL! Who in their right mind would call you a liar about something like that, let alone have it bother them that much that she wanted pics to prove it hahaha. Ridiculous!

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:45:07 PM »
He is a gorgeous macaw, and looks like lots of fun!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 12:02:26 AM »
Gorgeous bird.

I have a hybrid pi. I think personality and size of coral bill and maxi may be similiar so I think it is not a bad combo. He was not a purposeful hybrid according to the breeder. So I just accept and love him as my bird.

Some people on some bird forums can be partuicular about stuff. The regulars arounfd here are friendly and laid back.....it is a nice community here
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Nakia

• Egg
  • Real Name~~De'Andrea
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
Too funny Julie.  :biglaughing: This gal was <in her words> an expert in hybrid parrots of all species.  :shocking: She is suppose to have her own site on them. Funny tho, I never asked her to add my birds or even talked about them to her. The thread she was giving me fits about their parentage on was another girl asking for opinions if her macaw was a Harlequin or a Catalina. All I did was add a photo of Roscoe and told her he was a Catalina for her to compare. So a few members began to discuss my bird and forgot the thread was not mine.  :))

I agree maxsmom that we as parronts all love and accept our fabies we bring into our homes for who the are and not what they should be or turn out to be.  :thumbsup:

It is a very nice forum. I like it really well. Everyone has been more than nice and it has a comfortable feeling to it.  :icon_mrgreen: I'm sure ya'll will get tired of seeing all my non pionus parrot's photos. I will try to not overrun the place with the 'interlopers' after I introduce them all to you.  :wink1: That will have to wait til next time off, tonight will be my 4 work nights again and I have very little free time to be on the internet on work days.  :dog1:

~~We All Live In Texas~~

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 11:06:32 PM »
That's what the  "OTHER parrot species" section is for!  :) To show off our 'other' kids  :icon_mrgreen:
Even though this is a Pionus site, and we love our Pi's, hearing about others makes it interesting too.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »
We were pretty much Pionus only, then Pionus first, then any other feathered friends, now we are mostly Pionus with the other species section and the rest of your flock has a home here. I like you varied flock and stories about them so keep posting till your fingers wear out, I/we love it :thumbsup:
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 01:42:58 AM »
Meh, nitpicking is for nitpickers...I once worked where I organized a baby shower for a young woman who was very nice and professional.  Imagine my surprise when no one showed up because she was not married.  Oops, who knew? Not me.  she saved my backside on one occasion and I loved her for that. 

Same with hybrids.  Is it the baby's fault, I mean really???!!!

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »
Wow. LOL! I know, the poor babies!