Author Topic: Raven with his new buddy Griffin  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
Raven with his new buddy Griffin
« on: July 12, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »

Griffin loves to hang upside down!

Here's one of my most beloved boy ever. Robin (Red Bellied Parrot). He'll be 20 this month!

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Raven with his new buddy Griffin
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 03:53:20 PM »
Wow, they can be on the same perch!  They look very happy, and your setup is great :)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 03:58:24 PM »
Thanks momazon. I think because they're both young, they are more likely to accept each other? I know you have a Senegal, so we Poi owners know how they hate other birds if introduced as adults!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 04:59:28 PM »
Very cute together and I agree on set up
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 01:49:22 AM »
 :hbeat: :hbeat: :hbeat:

Offline Nakia

• Egg
  • Real Name~~De'Andrea
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »
Beautiful and so sweet!! They look like they will be the best of friends.  :bighug: They are both so cute together and I love your play areas too. Really nice setup for your fabies. 

Robin you look fabulous at your young age of 20!!  :love5: You don't look that old at all. You have been taken very good care and it shows.  :icon_mrgreen:

~~We All Live In Texas~~

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 11:33:58 PM »
Aw thanks :). I just moved, and I'm very satisfied with the way the playground set up came out. Raven and Griffin LOVE it!! Robin (the separate guy lol) will get more stuff too (his birthday is coming up July 31st).
Raven likes it here so well that his demeanor has even changed a bit! He was super grumpy before. Now, he's still basically the same grumpy guy, just easy going more of the time, and more willing to cooperate :)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 07:35:49 PM »
Funny about the bird happy in a new home. Lurch seemed to really like our new to us much bigger house with low vaulted ceilings. Much bigger then the old dump and he was doing lapse and circles and bouncing off the much higher ceiling then he was used to.
Was cool and he seemed happy to be able to fly much farther then before. He's definitely getting stronger and flying better.
He won't use the play stand in the dining room that he used to love when it was next to his cage in the small dining room of the old house.
Village Idiot

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 09:17:35 PM »
He won't use the play stand in the dining room that he used to love when it was next to his cage in the small dining room of the old house.

Funny how that is, but they have their preferences too.
The thing I wish was different about this room is the lighting. The direction the window is facing, doesn't get a lot of light most of the day. Plus I painted the walls a very dark color which I love, but it sure makes a difference. It's hard to get enough light. Poor Griffin's cage is a black playtop style, with a tray on the top which further shades his cage! I don't want to take the tray out, because poop will then fall on everything inside.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »
I THINK he just doesn't like where it's at so he doesn't want to fly to it then not be able to see what we are doing.
Most of my house has new carpet from when we bought it two years ago so trying to keep him in areas where he can make a mess with destroying it. His cage is on the threshold of the supposed to be front door and that part is vinyl so easy to clean.
Might have to play around with location for the play stand but don't want bird food and things flung all over so might eventually get more of that vinyl clear carpet protector we all love and use to protect another hangout area. I like carpet but can see life would have been easier in his areas with tile or hardwood.
Village Idiot