Author Topic: Hey all! I'm Addie!  (Read 3210 times)

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
Hey all! I'm Addie!
« on: July 18, 2014, 02:52:54 PM »
Hello! I've been looking for a good place for Pinous parrots, as we just adopted a ten year old Maximilian about a week ago. (: I'm very new to this species, and haven't owned a larger parrot before. I've had budgies and cockatiels, but that's it. It's a bit hard to find information about these parrots, as I've found they aren't common! So I'm really hopeful I can get all the answers I need here. (:

This is Butterbean!

I have quite a few questions, so don't be surprised to see them all popping up within the near future! Haha!

I look forward to being here. (:

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: Hey all! I'm Addie!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 09:55:03 PM »
Welcome, he looks handsome, happy, and healthy. Be careful till you know if he's decided your safe and a friend but the pic looks likes he's pretty happy. :hello1:
Village Idiot

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »
Thanks! He already has decided we're safe. Haha. Frustratingly, my family (my dad in particular) more so than me, but we're working on it. (:

He really is a sweetheart, though!

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 10:26:07 PM »
Welcome Addie! You have a real cutie there  :)

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 10:29:48 PM »
Thanks so much!

And yes! I caught that picture when he was rubbing his eyes, which he does when he's really tired. It's so adorable, I've never seen a bird do it before but it just reaffirms to me that they're nothing more than children with feathers. Haha.

Offline Nakia

• Egg
  • Real Name~~De'Andrea
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 05:54:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum Addie.  :hello1: Your Butterbean is adorable. He does look very happy. I look forward to hearing more about him. :icon_mrgreen:

Yes you are so right about our birds being just like children with feathers. I often refer to mine as my feathered kids. Actually that is what I named my Facebook group page, Feathered Kids, along with a few more animal names with it.

~~We All Live In Texas~~

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 06:03:59 PM »
They really are! Though, Butterbean thinks himself more of a dog apparently... Well, he changes his species choice through out the day. It's really funny. He barks, he meows, he sounds like a frog... He can't make up his mind!  :biglaughing: He's super cute, though, and definitely does act like a child, very much so. (:

And thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 06:45:05 PM »
I call em feathered cats :biglaughing: they love to entertain themselves and just hang out on favorite places and bask in your presence, plus get scritches  and treats. They're really curious too and Nerd used to just plop down in the middle of what I was doing, like when I was repairing TV's   :shocking:
Lurch will plop on our shoulder when were doing something interesting and just happily preen and watch the action or try to steal dinner or whatever we're up to.
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 02:56:28 AM »
Welcome! Congrats on adoption of an older pi. I too got pi after only having had cockatiels and keets. It.really is a different world to me. But I had female tiels for years and now I have Male pi...difference between sexes and genre really have been very noticeable for me.

Definitely ask questions...none of us are experts but we all share a love and enthusiasm for pionus
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 10:15:21 AM »
Thank you! I've been around other parrots before and done a lot of reading about others... And the pi really just seem like an entirely different ball park than any of the other parrots. I mean, any species will differ somewhat but I've found they seem to be rather different. Especially those adorable noises they make! Haha! (:

Thank you for the welcome!

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 11:37:19 PM »

I am so late to say: Welcome to the forum, Addie!  Aw, Butterbean is a cutie! 
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 03:55:50 PM »
My post must have not gone through, I think your Butterbean sounds hilarious!  Also very sweet looking, glad you're here!

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »
It's okay! haha. (: Thank you both! And yes, he's a hoot! (: