Author Topic: My Pionus is attacking my husband :(  (Read 5332 times)

Offline kimspixie

• Newbie of Parrot Friends
Re: My Pionus is attacking my husband :(
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 10:24:40 PM »
Really enjoying all the stories I am finding throughout this site :). As for Pixie she is doing loads better, she isn't letting him stroke her head or step up for him yet but she has cut down on the scuttling across the couch to get him. Tonight during dinner she just sat behind him and laughed for awhile.

She laughs a lot, normally when one of us comes in from being away from the house for awhile we come in to her laughter and we just hear her chuckle pretty often for no apparent reason. However this was different it was just loud and ongoing laughing.

She is still going for his finger if he attempts to touch her but at least she has stopped lunging and trying to get him all the time. I think the whistling and him giving her treats has helped a lot and will continue to. Feel really good about it right now.

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 01:59:17 AM »
Momazon - wc can be feisty but my experience is that that may be that way with other birds not people. My wc gets a little territorial on his playtop with me at times but he mostly is a velcro who loves to be near me half time and loves playing independently half time. He doesnt like to share his space a lot with my Maxi but he does share space with my Maxi peacefully too. I really think Kimspixie's bird is acting normalky for any pi. The change can be shocking and they need time to adjust. But I do not think it is because she is WC. Wearing a hat or dramtically changing hair scares any bird. Kimspixie - the laughing description sounds funny would live to see it.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 10:33:38 AM »
Maxsmom, I did not mean to imply that WC's are difficult, just that I have heard some can be that way.  As we all know here, any individual of any species can be a little maniac (no names mentioned, Dobby), and any owner can be mistaken, too.  I have been, many, many times. 

For example, we expected that a Maxi would be a happy, chirpy little ball of sweetness, compared with our amazon, but that's just our mistake! Now we have Mr Entertainment, and we love it, every minute of his antics.

It sounds as though Pixie is responding well and showing her charming ways  :clapping:

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 11:22:50 AM »
Momazon - :-)
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto