Author Topic: Goldenfeast?  (Read 2672 times)

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
Goldenfeast?
« on: July 28, 2014, 09:21:45 PM »
This is what I was given from the rescue, when we adopted Butterbean. We're almost out of it now, so I'm trying to decide if this is a good food to keep him on or if we should keep feeding this to him or not. I've seen good reviews about them, but at the same time I'm not sure. I use it in combination with fresh fruits and veggies (when he eats them) as well as pellets mixed in.

What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
Re: Goldenfeast?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:29:29 AM »
Had never seen Goldenfeast, looked it up, and think I'll try some for mine.  It does look excellent!

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 01:32:03 AM »
Oh, well if you're looking into try it, I'm thinking it might be a good thing to keep getting for him! He does seem to love it! Haha!

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 12:44:25 PM »
I am not familiar with this one but suggest trying several high quality pellets so he doesn't eat just one. My birds only eat one pellet. I have tried a variety without success. Heaven help me if I ever can't find this pellet...
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 02:30:54 PM »
Looks like you can order it online.

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
They're supposed to be up there among the best nutritionally. I don't know first hand. Their pellets are called Gold'n Obles (not sure if I spelled right).

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 02:17:37 AM »
Try TOPS, Roudy bush, Harrisons
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 03:23:30 PM »
Okay, awesome. Thanks! We give him what we got from the rescue, which is the mixture of nuts and seeds with dry fruits. I have a bag of Zupreem (which I really don't like using) but we bought it so I'm using it little by little until it's gone. I'll be getting more goldenfeast soon, because I think it's really good and he loves it.

Offline Jan

• Parrot Slave Since 1986
  • Administrator
  • Hatchling
  • Blu's Bird Toys
    • Pionus Parrot's Website
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 10:49:32 AM »

I've not ever tried the Golden Feast brand.  I have used and still continue to use Roudybush, the small daily maintenance pellets.  I have been buying Roudybush for 22 years now!  They have gotten to be much more expensive than they use to be but then everything goes up in price as the years go by.
Jan

Blu's Bird Toys  www.bluesbirdtoys.com
Pionus Parrot's Website  www.pionusparrot.com

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 06:53:57 PM »
I've heard about that brand too, I'll have to look into it! (: Thank you so much for the reply!

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 07:50:55 AM »
I use some Goldenfeast as a treat and will throw a handful in with some cooked food. I have found with most mixes they tend to pick out what they like and leave the rest behind. I use Roudybush pellets and also Zupreem natural. Chante was raised on Scenic and once in a while I get some of those - he recently had a bruised beak so I got some to soak and he was so happy, he made that gurgling water sound when he went over to the bowl and dove in.

Offline MamaofaMaxi

• Egg
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 06:29:50 PM »
That's exactly what he does! Though, it changes from day to day with what he'll eat. I unfortunately haven't been able to give him actual food, food for the past few weeks or so and I feel horrible. ): But I was moving, and it was incredibly difficult to do so. I'm hoping to be able to get some fresh food for him tomorrow though. x3

Aww, I hope his beak is doing better now! (: