Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Maxi

• Egg
Hello
« on: November 25, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »
We are new to this forum.    I found you because I was searching nutrition facts for our Maxi Pi.    She is 5 years old and joined our family about 2 years ago.    What a sweet bird!    And at her loudest she is still one of our quieter birds.    She just wants to hang out with us, and if necessary, will start walking around the house looking for us.    However, we have to warn visitors.     Even if it is on your plate, it is hers.    Be prepared to share.    LOL      I look forward to meeting everyone here.   I'll post her picture when I figure out how to do that.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 05:39:59 PM »
Hi, and welcome  :hello1: I had Nerd bird, a Maxi for 31 years and my family got me Lurch, another Maxi when he passed away. We had a bad infestation of a stubborn carpet parrot too when Nerd was around as he was lousy at flying.
Lurch flies better and better all the time and we're still working out who's in charge after over 3 years but he's gotten fond of us so we're wearing him down :blink: anyways he flies wherever he wants to go. Nerd was my best bud and we're getting there with Lurch but he's a stubborn big lummox.
We do love pics and stories so stick around and keep us updated.
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 06:17:12 PM »
Hi!  I just adoped an 8 1/2 year old Maxi/CB hybrid.  What a sweet guy.  I look forward to learning more about your Maxi!  Welcome and I look forward to your pictures.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline Cetan

• Nestling
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 09:18:13 PM »
Hi - glad you found the forum. We used to have a lot more info posted but because of some problems all the info was lost but ask any questions. I dont have a maxi, I live with an older blue head that come to me 2 1/2 yrs ago and just got a 14 mo old bronze wing. Pis are some of the sweetest birds

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »
Welcome!
And I agree that they are so sweet. 
"Even if it is on your plate, it is hers.    Be prepared to share.    LOL"  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: