Author Topic: New haircut and Raven says 'so what?'  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
New haircut and Raven says 'so what?'
« on: July 25, 2014, 07:34:33 PM »
He couldn't care less. After all these stories about birds (seems especially Pi's) freaking out with new haircuts, colors, hats, etc. I was wondering how Raven would react. Nothing. My other birds didn't care either. I knew Robin wouldn't care since he's been around long enough that nothing phases him. Griffin... Nothing either.

The only reaction ever, was when hubby came in with a hat when Raven saw him in it for the first time. Besides that, I've NEVER had any bird give a reaction to ANYTHING (and I've had several different birds in the past) and never.
My point of saying that is that I really wonder why? Why do my birds not react like other people's birds? Lol. Anyway, just wanted to share that.  :)

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
Re: New haircut and Raven says 'so what?'
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 11:23:36 PM »
Well just be happy. You haven't lived till you've been attacked by a homicidal Pionus on a mission. Lurch about hung onto my arm like a pit bull when I was doing or wore something that set him off. Then a week or so later was the airiel attack when I wore a hat I know he's livid about.
They get used to the way they remember you're supposed to look and when it changes they go into must destroy the evil change mode.
Lurch will get all pissy and fluffy the minute I grab one of the bad hats, if I take it off or just sit it away from me he settles right back to happy and preening again.
I don't remember Nerd being quite so touchy either but after all that time together he knew me no matter what I wore, plus he was more prone to huffing when he was concerned rather then attack so they all are individuals.
Village Idiot

Offline maxsmom

• Navigator
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 02:59:28 AM »
Feel fortunate. Perhaps you have a calming effect on them.
She flies with her own wings. Oregon State Motto

Offline E

• Nestling
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 11:27:08 AM »
Eloy is the same. He don't mind haircut or if i color my hair. (I do that often, thats why?)
And if I put o towel on my hair he gets "happy exited" and want to go for a ride.
If I put a hat on my head he just look as if I was a alien or something like that,  :biglaughing:  but he don't mind.
Perhaps he will play with the hat but he never gets angry.

Offline Dartman

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 01:31:28 PM »
Great shot LT, I have a few of Lurch doing the same on my work hat he knows and trusts :biglaughing:
Village Idiot

Offline momazon

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »
Ha!  I almost said to check his eyes, then I saw Eloy on Anna's head.  A towel will get me a flying monkey attack   :AvatarSmileyLOL:

Offline Julie T

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 08:34:16 AM »
Feel fortunate. Perhaps you have a calming effect on them.

You'd think I'd have the opposite effect these days  :shocking:. This new living situation were in is stressing me out to the max! I think it's more the other way around. I look to them for comfort.